Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Oh wow!:eek:We actually learned programming in year 10 until Christmas, then did theory - some topics reallyyy dragged on. We started the programming recently and in order to do at least a bit well I forgot all my theory knowledge and tried to relearn the programming now I have to relearn theory and improve it. Yeah, wow, that must be so difficult learning it yourself. I guess Pythan isn't the worst of languages that could have been chosen though. You do do Python, right? Ohhh dear...
    You're welcome and thanks I got a C too! No matter how many times I do it, I always get about 50 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know it is awful, I don't know how they expected us to do it, but now they decided that they would help us with code! It's a bit late now! Yeah me too, I need to improve massively, I want to take it next year as well as maths and physics, (I don't know how I will cope with it!) And yes I do python! I'm half way task three I just need to finish it and I'm done and dusted! Yes python doesn't seem too bad, I just wish I was taught it properly in the first place aha,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecomputernerd)
    I know it is awful, I don't know how they expected us to do it, but now they decided that they would help us with code! It's a bit late now! Yeah me too, I need to improve massively, I want to take it next year as well as maths and physics, (I don't know how I will cope with it!) And yes I do python! I'm half way task three I just need to finish it and I'm done and dusted! Yes python doesn't seem too bad, I just wish I was taught it properly in the first place aha,
    Haha yeah just a bit too late. Oh wow, yeah I was considering taking it next year then I decided the workload would be too much for me. Nice options :yep: I'm taking maths and physics too, I think. Ooh so close! :excited: Part B really got me in a pickle! I spent ages on that one. Indeed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I haven't really read through this thread, so sorry if this has already been mentioned,
    but who's planning on doing Computing A Level?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah just a bit too late. Oh wow, yeah I was considering taking it next year then I decided the workload would be too much for me. Nice options :yep: I'm taking maths and physics too, I think. Ooh so close! :excited: Part B really got me in a pickle! I spent ages on that one. Indeed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah nice, yeah I'm taking french too, languages has always been my strong point and yeah I like computing I just find it challenging, I don't really like many subjects if I am honest! Yeah aha

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice, yeah I'm taking french too, languages has always been my strong point and yeah I like computing I just find it challenging, I don't really like many subjects if I am honest! Yeah aha
    I do French GCSE but not any further ooh that's good for you then. Same about computing tbh, like there are certain parts that are genuinely really interesting. Haha yeah I don't like many either - which makes it really hard for choosing subjects for next year. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do French GCSE but not any further ooh that's good for you then. Same about computing tbh, like there are certain parts that are genuinely really interesting. Haha yeah I don't like many either - which makes it really hard for choosing subjects for next year. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I totally agree with you!! I think it is so useful and interesting but oh god some parts I wish that weren't in the spec ! Lol :doh::eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    Hey guys,
    I haven't really read through this thread, so sorry if this has already been mentioned,
    but who's planning on doing Computing A Level?
    Me! I find it difficult but I enjoy the subject and don't like any other subjects tbh so I took it for next year! How are you finding it for gcse?

ReputationRep:
    Me! I find it difficult but I enjoy the subject and don't like any other subjects tbh so I took it for next year! How are you finding it for gcse?
    Haven't taken it for GCSE *insert shock horror*

I spent all of Year 9 programming, developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and decided to take Drama instead because using a computer made the carpal tunnel worse - It's been much better lately and in my school you only need an A in Maths and B in English for it, so I'm probably going to take it .

How are you finding GCSE Computing?

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you!! I think it is so useful and interesting but oh god some parts I wish that weren't in the spec ! Lol :doh::eek3:
    Hahaha yeah it certainly is one of the most, if not the most, useful subject I think anyone could learn. Yeah, apparently the year 9s and below don't have to do certain topics, including assembly language. That one is a bit of a pain. My teacher isn't even confident with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched this yet, but it looks pretty good (at least for last-minute revision ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhQAirT5Hwc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    Haven't taken it for GCSE *insert shock horror*

I spent all of Year 9 programming, developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and decided to take Drama instead because using a computer made the carpal tunnel worse - It's been much better lately and in my school you only need an A in Maths and B in English for it, so I'm probably going to take it .

How are you finding GCSE Computing?

I find it engrossing, but difficult. The theory is more difficult! I'd say go over theory in the summer to get a head start for a levels, I think it would be a huge help! There's a lot to remember, I thought biology was difficult until I realised how much I need to know paha, good luck though

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good powerpoints or notes? My textbook is difficult to understand

ReputationRep:
    This is good for last minute revision, this is the minimum you need to know, I will probably look at this the night before/morning of the exam. Absolute minimum to know! Aha hope this is helpful for some x
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf #############################.pdf (219.9 KB, 141 views)

ReputationRep:
    Me too!! We haven't even finished the spec yet! It's so ridiculous, but if the exam is difficult this summer, then the grade boundaries will be low, which makes me feel a bit better lol, I really hate the 6 mark questions on algorithms !!!! I haven't even finished the programming task, it is due next week for me ! :s
    Wow. I feel for you. We have finished theory just before Easter and had the whole of Easter to revise. There is so much to learn also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    Wow. I feel for you. We have finished theory just before Easter and had the whole of Easter to revise. There is so much to learn also!
    Yeah every week was a mixture of A452, A451 and A453 for us! We didn't really have a set plan or anything, yeah we are still finishing theory, there are so many little details everywhere we need to know, I'm ******** myself!! Good luck bro

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy because in order for me to get a A* overall I need 90 UMS. That usually is is a high B. Sooo thankful for the CA we did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I'm happy because in order for me to get a A* overall I need 90 UMS. That usually is is a high B. Sooo thankful for the CA we did
    Yup, my grade is dependent on my coursework ! It's my only hope! I am aiming for at least a B , I would love to get an A but I have a lack of time to remember the whole spec

ReputationRep:
    I got full marks in both of the courseworks we did (45/45 both). Can anyone tell me the minimum raw marks I need in the exam for an A* overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arniebob)
    I got full marks in both of the courseworks we did (45/45 both). Can anyone tell me the minimum raw marks I need in the exam for an A* overall?
    I'm in the same position as you. To get a A* we need 90 UMS.
    So that is a high B grade. So I'd say around 64/63 marks. All depends on the grade boundaries though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I'm in the same position as you. To get a A* we need 90 UMS.
    So that is a high B grade. So I'd say around 64/63 marks. All depends on the grade boundaries though
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.