Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to algorithm design questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sstudyacc)
    Yep I know But because we're the last year doing it, and there's a new specification for next year - more questions will be in the style of what they will be on the new spec imo
    It's always possible! I'll give it a go

ReputationRep:
    I have the 2015 paper? How do I send it in?

ReputationRep:
    The Nena mountaineering club has a web page. The web page consists of an HTML file and some JPG and MPEG files

a) What does HTML stand for?

b) Explain one purpose of the HTML file. (This was the one that I was slightly confused on!)

Thank you! X
    hopefully my answer helped then!x

ReputationRep:
    Yep I know But because we're the last year doing it, and there's a new specification for next year - more questions will be in the style of what they will be on the new spec imo
    I'm currently doing it. If they include this much algorithms tomorrow I have failed.
    Omg they better not do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I'm currently doing it. If they include this much algorithms tomorrow I have failed.
    Omg they better not do this
    Yes I agree! I don't think there will be this many algorithms though - the new spec has a lot more A Level content in it which is why there's so much more programming/algorithm in there!

Try this one too:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/226764-...-materials.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    hopefully my answer helped then!x
    It did! Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoodleGCSEFOOD)
    It's always possible! I'll give it a go

Have a go at this one too!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree! I don't think there will be this many algorithms though - the new spec has a lot more A Level content in it which is why there's so much more programming/algorithm in there!

Try this one too:

Do you think we need to know BUbble Sort?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think we need to know how all the different storage media work? Like magnetic, optical and solid state?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    Do you think we need to know BUbble Sort?
    Nope! It's not in the specification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Do you think we need to know how all the different storage media work? Like magnetic, optical and solid state?
    Yep pretty sure we do! I know we need to know the features of these But I'm pretty confused on it too.

Have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uAb...2Lyycd&index=7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    I HAVE ALSO DONE COMPUTING LAST YEAR AND ACHIEVED An A*
    plus i also have digital theory notes if anyone want it
    :goodluck:GOOD LUCK :goodluck:
    I have my exam tmrw and i literally dont know can i please have the computing notes i do ocr and i reallllllyyyy need it to

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farzana_2000)
    I have my exam tmrw and i literally dont know can i please have the computing notes i do ocr and i reallllllyyyy need it to

thanks
    lol I'm cramming too! I have 4 exams tomrw...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    lol I'm cramming too! I have 4 exams tomrw...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i havent even started revision, i feel the pain hv u made revision notes ? i havent and aint got nothing to learn from

ReputationRep:
    not so much how they work but the advantages/disadvantages and characteristics of each, like solid state is portable and has a decent capacity
    examples of each are always good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whats the difference between magnetic and optical and what are some examples of magnetic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyg2000)
    Whats the difference between magnetic and optical and what are some examples of magnetic?
    Magnetic uses a surface where parts of it are either magnetised North or South to represent 0 or 1. Optical uses a surface where areas either reflect or don't reflect laser light to represent 0 or 1.
    I think a hard drive may be magnetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    not so much how they work but the advantages/disadvantages and characteristics of each, like solid state is portable and has a decent capacity
    examples of each are always good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, thank you
    How confident are you for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    Magnetic uses a surface where parts of it are either magnetised North or South to represent 0 or 1. Optical uses a surface where areas either reflect or don't reflect laser light to represent 0 or 1.
    I think a hard drive may be magnetic
    Thanks so much! Do you have the exam tomorrow as well?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.