The Student Room Group

History or Zoology?

Hi,

I am a first year at the Uni of Glasgow, studying Joint Honours History and Politics. The first term was pretty , as I found out that Politics course was not what I expected it to be. History was also unbearable as we did Scottish medieval history and I find medieval history hopelessly boring. I had Business and Management as my third subject, not meeting my expectations as well. This term I chose Central and Eastern European Studies as a alternative to Politics course, and am doing Asian Religions as the third subject. Both are great and I also like this term´s History course. However, I am still dubious if I made the right decision about my Uni studies. I was firmly determined to study Veterinary throughout my childhood and much of my teen years. The only obstacle was my inability to learn and understand Chemistry. I fell in love with History during the last four years of high school (I am from Slovakia). Now I consider taking up Zoology or Marine & Freshwater Biology. However, I don't know if I could just transfer to lets say Zoology (1st year) without submitting a sbrand new application to UCAS? And even if I could I don't know if I would cause I am just so afraid and insecure about what I really want to study and do. I know I am still young and can change my choices but still the uncertainty of my future gives me sleepless nights.
Original post by nholi
Hi,

I am a first year at the Uni of Glasgow, studying Joint Honours History and Politics. The first term was pretty , as I found out that Politics course was not what I expected it to be. History was also unbearable as we did Scottish medieval history and I find medieval history hopelessly boring. I had Business and Management as my third subject, not meeting my expectations as well. This term I chose Central and Eastern European Studies as a alternative to Politics course, and am doing Asian Religions as the third subject. Both are great and I also like this term´s History course. However, I am still dubious if I made the right decision about my Uni studies. I was firmly determined to study Veterinary throughout my childhood and much of my teen years. The only obstacle was my inability to learn and understand Chemistry. I fell in love with History during the last four years of high school (I am from Slovakia). Now I consider taking up Zoology or Marine & Freshwater Biology. However, I don't know if I could just transfer to lets say Zoology (1st year) without submitting a sbrand new application to UCAS? And even if I could I don't know if I would cause I am just so afraid and insecure about what I really want to study and do. I know I am still young and can change my choices but still the uncertainty of my future gives me sleepless nights.

You need to ask your course tutor if you could transfer into the first year of the Zoology degree, nobody here can tell you. Have you looked at the history modules for years 2, 3 and 4? Do they look any better? If not, it might be a good idea to do something else. Alternatively, you could do something completely different like: http://www.nord.no/en/studies/programmes-courses/find-programmes-courses/2015h/Pages/BAANIMAL.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending