Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EDEXCEL History: searching for rights and freedoms in the 20th century Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am currently studying EDEXCEL A level history, 'In search of the American Dream: the USA, c1917-96' and 'South Africa, 1948-94: from apartheid state to 'rainbow nation'.

I would appreciate if any of you guys that have an A grade essay (mock or just key assessment essay, or even practice would be fine) that you could send to me, both sources and essay answer.

Also if you have any useful tips, please tell me

ReputationRep:
    OMG i really need some model answers too, apart from those at the back of the course's textbook. I'm struggling to get past a B/C in all my mocks and assessments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybreezy)
    Hello everyone, I am currently studying EDEXCEL A level history, 'In search of the American Dream: the USA, c1917-96' and 'South Africa, 1948-94: from apartheid state to 'rainbow nation'.

I would appreciate if any of you guys that have an A grade essay (mock or just key assessment essay, or even practice would be fine) that you could send to me, both sources and essay answer.

OMG yes doing the exact same exams but also British History as the A level addition.Hope all goes well for our results!!Will definitely be posting throughout the next academic year!! Good luck!!TIPS- Make a booklet page for each section for each exam going in order with the most important dates and information.- make cards out of them- get some questions from your teacher or make your own and use your resources accordingly with the AO's.- give them to your teacher to assess or make notes/grade-Read the text book before you go bed + make a goal of 15 pages read that week-Have a study buddy for the early part of the year and TEST each other!!However structuring your answers correctly is so important!Make sure you also set out the criteria at the beginning of your essay!Remember the AO'sMake a planned structure for each type of question - so follow the same structure for all 12 markers etc.That is what I was doing for the AS part and managed to get A's in the mocks.You can definitely do it Hope we both get the grades we need in August!!Good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been able to get their hands on something like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybreezy)

omgsh yess ive literally just spent anhour finding this ..basically the exam hasnt been sat yet so thrs no past papers but ther are specimen papers for as and alevel i suggest u do both just to get a hang of how to write the answers.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...1446914373.pdf

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ed-SAM-WEB.pdf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.