Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786)
    The ball was travelling initially along the x-axis, and ended up in a direction arctan 2 below, thus it was deflected through arctan 2 degrees.
    =63.4 degrees, i agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indelible)
    =63.4 degrees, i agree.

yessssssssss that was the best paper of all the exams i hav given in JUNE

ReputationRep:
    did u guys get 48m for the distance the skier travelled after leaving the slope, and hitting the ground with speed 23.6 m/s??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    did u guys get 48m for the distance the skier travelled after leaving the slope, and hitting the ground with speed 23.6 m/s??
    yep, didnt like that though, 48m seemed ridiculously far, no air resistance though I suppose

ReputationRep:
    how about (2t² - 7t + 3)i + (5 - 5t)j for the position vector, with a collision occuring at t=2.5 seconds?

ReputationRep:
    yes thats the answer

ReputationRep:
    how about (2t² - 7t + 3)i + (5 - 5t)j for the position vector, with a collision occuring at t=2.5 seconds?

yup got it that right too

ReputationRep:
    and how about a rate of work of 44.4 kW for 1(b) and an energy loss of 40J for 2(c)?

ReputationRep:
    and how about a rate of work of 44.4 kW for 1(b) and an energy loss of 40J for 2(c)?
    score again mate

ReputationRep:
    yes! i got every question rite, like i dun for S2 - he he now i can completely bugger up P4 and P6 lol. cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    yes! i got every question rite, like i dun for S2 - he he now i can completely bugger up P4 and P6 lol. cheers guys
    Lol so similar to how I felt: "great, I got a good mark there, maybe that will cancel out my P3 grade!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XYTER)
    I've got the paper here and it says the angle at which the ball is DEFLECTED as a result of the impact

Any chance you could put the paper up on the site? I'm sure everyone would be very grateful.

Edit ooh ps: how many marks was the 'find range of values of p' worth for definite then?

ReputationRep:
    So many people have posted answers, I'm going to go through and agree with the following:

In Q1 I got a=0.7m/s^2 and a work rate of 44,400W.
    I got the COM as 5/6cm from BC. I don't think it asked for a horizontal distance.
    As I confirmed earlier, I got 63.4 degrees on the impulse question.
    On Q8 I eventually got t = 3. That's after I did -8 = 12t **+** 4.9t^2.
    I had a 23.6m/s impact speed and a horizontal distance of 16t = 48m.
    (2t² - 7t + 3)i + (5 - 5t)j and t=(5/2)s ring a bell for one question.

As I mentioned earlier, I can upload my written answers to any question if anyone can post the question. I tend to find it easier to look at written answers for comparison instead of compu-type, all these ^2's etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam99)
    Any chance you could put the paper up on the site? I'm sure everyone would be very grateful.

Edit ooh ps: how many marks was the 'find range of values of p' worth for definite then?
    Definately 7 marks. I remember worrying about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRKeates)
    Definately 7 marks. I remember worrying about it.
    great. THere goes my 90% :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam99)
    great. There goes my 90% :mad:
    Not quite. Assuming you get 100% on the rest of the paper, you'll still get 90.6% overall. If you mean 90 UMS marks, depending on the grade boundary, it's quite possible to get 90.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam99)

7 99% sure

ReputationRep:
    hey then the veloc of it was 2t-7? because i read 4t-7 and got 4t^2-7t + blabla and my coeff was screwed, though i got 2.5secs for coeff of j

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    hey then the veloc of it was 2t-7? because i read 4t-7 and got 4t^2-7t + blabla and my coeff was screwed, though i got 2.5secs for coeff of j
    The velocity of it was 4t - 7, which integrates to form 2t^2 - 7t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRKeates)
    The velocity of it was 4t - 7, which integrates to form 2t^2 - 7t.
    +C lol, sorry

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 30, 2004

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.