ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm standing in elections to represent Hounslow in Youth Parliament. If you're aged 11-18 and live, work or study in Hounslow, I would be immensely grateful if you could vote for me. If aren't eligible, but do know young people that are, I would also appreciate it if they were encouraged to make their vote count.

There are three ways to vote. You can email or text 'I vote Mahnoor' to:

- [email protected] uk

- Alternatively, vote online at: http://goo.gl/forms/jafCeZVeCT

My candidate statement lists reasons as to why you should vote for me:

Having been a member of the Youth Council for almost 2 years, I’m aware of and involved in issues, projects or circumstances surrounding the youth of Hounslow. I've frequently attended Youth Council meetings, allowing me to already be up-to-date with matters concerning young people in Hounslow, as well as guaranteeing my attendance, whereupon if elected, as an MYP. I’ve lived in Hounslow for the majority of my life and have attended several schools in the area, making me well accustomed and knowledgeable about young people in Hounslow.

''If elected, I would prioritise a focus on mental health, since young people in Hounslow voted it as one of the most pressing issues in the summer Make Your Mark campaign (the results of which determine the issues that the Youth Parliament focus on). It also received prominence on a national scale. I also personally feel that the topic is immensely important, since mental well-being is imperative or everyone, but does not receive the attention that it deserves. As an MYP, my primary concern would be to pay attention to my role of representing the views of all 11- 18 year olds in the borough, in addition to my own''.

Please do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.