Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a reply yesterday. I was put on the waiting list....
    Oh well, better than a rejection. Btw, was anyone actually rejected?? All that I heard of was either offer or this waiting list.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends (International student) got rejected last week tho..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarAli_O98)
    I got a reply yesterday. I was put on the waiting list....
    Oh well, better than a rejection. Btw, was anyone actually rejected?? All that I heard of was either offer or this waiting list.
    Got put on waitlist as well. Do you know when we hear back? And what exactly did your email say because I want to see whether all applicants on waitlist got a generic email or a personalised one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikhilvasandani)
    Got put on waitlist as well. Do you know when we hear back? And what exactly did your email say because I want to see whether all applicants on waitlist got a generic email or a personalised one.
    It just said I would be notified once a vacancy arise.
    I think it's generic:

Thank you for participating in the interview for the Medicine programme for the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.

You have interviewed well and we consider you a strong candidate. Unfortunately, the demand for places exceeds the number of seats that are available and we are not in a position to offer you at place at this time.

ReputationRep:
    It just said I would be notified once a vacancy arise.
    I think it's generic:

Thank you for participating in the interview for the Medicine programme for the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.

You have interviewed well and we consider you a strong candidate. Unfortunately, the demand for places exceeds the number of seats that are available and we are not in a position to offer you at place at this time.
    Yep, got the exact same one. The thing that gets on my nerves is that they haven't specified what the issue was. They simply stated that there weren't enough spaces.

ReputationRep:
    Do any offer holders mind sharing their stats?

ReputationRep:
    I got same thing (
    Yep, got the exact same one. The thing that gets on my nerves is that they haven't specified what the issue was. They simply stated that there weren't enough spaces.

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from RCSI on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer in March and I was predicted 45 IB points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliek98)
    I got my offer in March and I was predicted 45 IB points
    Thats great! I was predicted 45 IB points as well and I had extensive volunteering experience and extracurriculars, I think it was my interview which put me on the waitlist.

ReputationRep:
    Thats great! I was predicted 45 IB points as well and I had extensive volunteering experience and extracurriculars, I think it was my interview which put me on the waitlist.
    I got a conditional offer requiring a 36/42. I had a predicted score of 41 in IB and i had a 8/9 IELTS score. I have to admit my interview went exceptionally well though. I believe your personal statement has a lot to do with the decision as well

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I'm an international student as well and sent in an application mid Jan. The only email I received was that all my documents were in order. Called up an hour ago and asked about my application and was told that they haven't made a decision and that I should be hearing by the end of the week. Asked the lady whether it was a straight out rejection but she said they were still considering applications. So I really don't know ugh it's frustrating!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you know whether Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin gives unconditional offers as well for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer, but for the 6 year course 'cuz I'm not doing 'all-science' A-levels
    Happy nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer, but for the 6 year course 'cuz I'm not doing 'all-science' A-levels
    Happy nevertheless
    Congrats, are you firming RCSI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliek98)
    Congrats, are you firming RCSI?
    Still waiting on UEA like you
    Hopefully we both get in

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional offer for the 6 year course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was waitlisted on 8th April. Just got an offer today for the 5 year medicine program! If anyone else is waitlisted, please don't lose hope. You guys still have a chance. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    for the 6 year program at RCSI, whats the 6th year for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.