Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to an Offer Holder Day at Warwick tomorrow and I don't have a laptop. As I'll be away from home all day and I have a lot of work to do, this is a problem. I looked at the uni library's website and according to the rules it doesn't seem I'd be able to use a computer there? But I'm guessing there's local public libraries where I could use a pc as a guest. Does anyone know of any? My open day is at Butterworth Hall and the Science Block
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by redinthegrey)
    I'm going to an Offer Holder Day at Warwick tomorrow and I don't have a laptop. As I'll be away from home all day and I have a lot of work to do, this is a problem. I looked at the uni library's website and according to the rules it doesn't seem I'd be able to use a computer there? But I'm guessing there's local public libraries where I could use a pc as a guest. Does anyone know of any? My open day is at Butterworth Hall and the Science Block
    Unfortunately all of our facilities require keycard access, the nearest library is probably in Leamington, you can take the U1 bus from campus to get there. In all honesty, however, you'll be too busy to get any work done while you're on the offer holder day.

ReputationRep:
    The easiest library to get to where there are likely to be computers available would probably be the central one in Coventry (Canley library is closest by far, but has no/very few computers and fairly short opening hours). As mentioned, though, you wont have time for that. I'd just bring something that you can do with pen/paper and do that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.