Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boundless_x)
    https://youtu.be/Ta-va7qfhnE

Is it just me or does this make you feel like buying a launchpad?
    Omg this was amazing! Yes! Nev Plays is sooo good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Thanks! Haha I don't drink either but I listen to lots of music about drinking. Lots of Punjabi music and Hip-Hop about drugs and alcohol

Here's a good Hip-Hop track

I dont usually listen to hip hop but the 'blowin' kk' (?) bit is pretty hypnotising

ReputationRep:
    I dont usually listen to hip hop but the 'blowin' kk' (?) bit is pretty hypnotising
    Haha ok. Yeah I love this song, Wiz Khalifa is always awesome. Which genres of music do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Omg this was amazing! Yes! Nev Plays is sooo good
    Yup hes awesomeee

https://youtu.be/qAeybdD5UoQ
    This one is pretty good too

ReputationRep:
    Haha ok. Yeah I love this song, Wiz Khalifa is always awesome. Which genres of music do you prefer?
    I haven't been listening to a lot of music lately but when I do it usually either Edm, pop, rock, or alternative

ReputationRep:
    this looks fun can i join in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    this looks fun can i join in?
    Yes of course, everyone welcome. Which genres of music do you like?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been listening to a lot of music lately but when I do it usually either Edm, pop, rock, or alternative
    Cool, you got a lot of variety going on there. Are you a fan of House?

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course, everyone welcome. Which genres of music do you like?
    most sorts, except rap you?

ReputationRep:
    most sorts, except rap you?
    Haha ok. Why don't you like rap? I swear by the words of many rappers, haha.

I listen to a lot. Hindi music (Bollywood & Indian Pop), Punjabi music (Bhangra) plus R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, House and a bit of Rock and Dubstep.

ReputationRep:
    Haha ok. Why don't you like rap? I swear by the words of many rappers, haha.

I listen to a lot. Hindi music (Bollywood & Indian Pop), Punjabi music (Bhangra) plus R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, House and a bit of Rock and Dubstep.
    it just can be really repeative and not too keen on it as a whole

oh okay any favourite artists or bands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Hello all! Firstly, I would like to say a very big thank you to Student403 for maintaining this fabulous EDM society!!

Since no thread has been started as of yet, I thought of creating one where we can talk about our favourite songs in this genre and any recommendations for others. I always am looking for new music to listen to and need some more 'revision songs'.

Do join the society if you enjoy this genre

EDIT: Actually, a lot of people are posting other genres music, so it doesn't even have to be EDM!

So I'll go first, thought I would recommend this new duo called the Lost Kings. They originally began with remixes (a good one would be Halsey - Ghosts (Lost Kings Remix)) and their EP titled 'Good' is really good! The song I recommend is called Bad:

It's more like a dance song, but do let me know what you think
    The people tagged in the spoiler below are those who are current members of the society
    This thread was started on my birthday yay (totally irrelevant) anyway I love Placebo. It's not as heavy as most of my music and my favourite song by them is called Special K. They announced their tour a few weeks back and I was so psyched until I realised the tickets were extortionate...

ReputationRep:
    it just can be really repeative and not too keen on it as a whole

oh okay any favourite artists or bands?
    Haha fair enough.

Well I like a lot of rappers for their Hip-Hop songs. Guys like Chris Brown, Wiz Khalifa, Drake, DMX, The Game, Notorious BIG, Juicy J, Future etc. R&B it would have to be Jay Sean, The Weeknd, Rihanna, Beyonce, Nelly. That's all I can think of from the top of my head lol. House and Dubstep I've only recently got into so I don't know the names of many artists but I'm finding out about more all the time!

I don't know how much you've heard about Punjabi music but it's really big in the UK. The whole British Asian music industry is home to some fantastic artists like PBN, Malkit Singh, JK, Imran Khan, Jaz Dhami. And it's got a huge overlap with other industries now,including Bollywood, House and R&B.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, you got a lot of variety going on there. Are you a fan of House?

Unfortunately not... house is one the few genres of edm that I do not enjoy

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair enough.

Well I like a lot of rappers for their Hip-Hop songs. Guys like Chris Brown, Wiz Khalifa, Drake, DMX, The Game, Notorious BIG, Juicy J, Future etc. R&B it would have to be Jay Sean, The Weeknd, Rihanna, Beyonce, Nelly. That's all I can think of from the top of my head lol. House and Dubstep I've only recently got into so I don't know the names of many artists but I'm finding out about more all the time!

I don't know how much you've heard about Punjabi music but it's really big in the UK. The whole British Asian music industry is home to some fantastic artists like PBN, Malkit Singh, JK, Imran Khan, Jaz Dhami. And it's got a huge overlap with other industries now,including Bollywood, House and R&B.

oh okay, that's quite a list of artists there haha. tbh i don't really listen to any of them that much. i usually listen to more alternative music, including rock, indie, punk, and even some folk. i also like a lot of 70s/80s music because of my parents influence too. out of the artists you mentioned there are a couple of covers i like. there are links below, if you are interested
    see you again wiz khalifa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzARx0EuDgc
    hold on, we're going home drake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvA3q0ZU-NQ
    also coldplay are one of my favourite bands and they have produced some songs with a couple of artists you mentioned too
    rihanna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uw6ZkbsAH8
    beyonce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YykjpeuMNEk

not much at all, sorry

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not... house is one the few genres of edm that I do not enjoy
    Haha ok. Well if not the music, check out the dance skills!

oh okay, that's quite a list of artists there haha. tbh i don't really listen to any of them that much. i usually listen to more alternative music, including rock, indie, punk, and even some folk. i also like a lot of 70s/80s music because of my parents influence too. out of the artists you mentioned there are a couple of covers i like. there are links below, if you are interested
    see you again wiz khalifa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzARx0EuDgc
    hold on, we're going home drake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvA3q0ZU-NQ
    also coldplay are one of my favourite bands and they have produced some songs with a couple of artists you mentioned too
    rihanna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uw6ZkbsAH8
    beyonce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YykjpeuMNEk

not much at all, sorry
    Yeah, I'm into a lot of music haha. I usually prefer the original versions to covers - I might check out a few if the songs are really good but otherwise I'm discovering lots of new music all the time that it's hard to keep up with covers too, haha.

Rihanna is awesome and I actually didn't know about that song so I just downloaded it, yay! I've heard Hymn For The Weekend, that's a good track. Did you know the girl at 3:43 in the music video is a Bollywood actress? Her name is Sonam Kapoor, she's really pretty.

ReputationRep:
    This song is great but it makes me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm into a lot of music haha. I usually prefer the original versions to covers - I might check out a few if the songs are really good but otherwise I'm discovering lots of new music all the time that it's hard to keep up with covers too, haha.

Rihanna is awesome and I actually didn't know about that song so I just downloaded it, yay! I've heard Hymn For The Weekend, that's a good track. Did you know the girl at 3:43 in the music video is a Bollywood actress? Her name is Sonam Kapoor, she's really pretty.
    me too the covers never seem to really get the sense of the original, if you know what i mean... yeah, so hard

no, i had no idea actually

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.