Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Great track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    me too the covers never seem to really get the sense of the original, if you know what i mean... yeah, so hard

no, i had no idea actually
    Yeah I know what you mean. That's why I'm not always keen on covers - sometimes they can be good, sometimes not.

Google her, she's done some really great films and she's a fashionista too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Yeah I know what you mean. That's why I'm not always keen on covers - sometimes they can be good, sometimes not.

Google her, she's done some really great films and she's a fashionista too.
    yeah, i know what you mean

yeah, definitely will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    This thread was started on my birthday yay (totally irrelevant) anyway I love Placebo. It's not as heavy as most of my music and my favourite song by them is called Special K. They announced their tour a few weeks back and I was so psyched until I realised the tickets were extortionate...
    I just checked out that song. It's not quite my vibe but it's decent. Do you like rock music?

Haha you should go to more Asian music events - the tickets are a lot cheaper than they are for most English artists.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Found some local home-grown talent from Hertfordshire.

ReputationRep:
    I just checked out that song. It's not quite my vibe but it's decent. Do you like rock music?

Haha you should go to more Asian music events - the tickets are a lot cheaper than they are for most English artists.
    I hate Asian music though haha - I like heavy metal, rock and alternative music. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I hate Asian music though haha - I like heavy metal, rock and alternative music. What about you?
    You're a Findian, haha.

I'm into everything - all my Hindi and Punjabi music plus R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, House. And a bit of Dubstep.

Spoiler:
    Show

What does "alternative" music mean? Is it like... music that doesn't have sound? Lol

ReputationRep:
    You're a Findian, haha.

I'm into everything - all my Hindi and Punjabi music plus R&B, Pop, Hip-Ho
    p, House. And a bit of Dubstep.
    Spoiler:
    Show

What does "alternative" music mean? Is it like... music that doesn't have sound? Lol

What's a Findian? Ah okay cool - alternative is just a genre but it's like a cross between pop/rock I guess? Not sure how to describe it haha

ReputationRep:
    What's a Findian? Ah okay cool - alternative is just a genre but it's like a cross between pop/rock I guess? Not sure how to describe it haha
    Fake Indian. Same applies for people who are Fuslim, Fasian, Fakistani or Fesi - lol

Ah I see. Never heard much about alternative music TBH, I just assume it's different cos I mostly listen to mainstream music like what's in the charts. You got any examples of songs? Do you watch music channels on TV like Kerrang? (That's the only rock channel I know, haha).

ReputationRep:
    Fake Indian. Same applies for people who are Fuslim, Fasian, Fakistani or Fesi - lol

Ah I see. Never heard much about alternative music TBH, I just assume it's different cos I mostly listen to mainstream music like what's in the charts. You got any examples of songs? Do you watch music channels on TV like Kerrang? (That's the only rock channel I know, haha).
    I'm not Indian though haha. I don't really watch music channels but I mainly listen to music through headphones. Erm examples of alternative that I listen to...Green Day, My Chemical Romance, though many of these I'd class as pop-punk

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Indian though haha. I don't really watch music channels but I mainly listen to music through headphones. Erm examples of alternative that I listen to...Green Day, My Chemical Romance, though many of these I'd class as pop-punk
    Oh ok... sorry, just assumed from your username haha.

Yeah, I've heard of Green Day. I think I'd call them more punk/rock than anything else. I see what kind of vibe you like

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok... sorry, just assumed from your username haha.

Yeah, I've heard of Green Day. I think I'd call them more punk/rock than anything else. I see what kind of vibe you like
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    No worries
    Do you like Royal Blood? They have to be one of my faves :yep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Do you like Royal Blood? They have to be one of my faves :yep:
    Haven't really listened to them! Suggest a song and I'll give it a listen?

ReputationRep:
    Green Day :love:

ReputationRep:
    Haha ok. Well if not the music, check out the dance skills!

Makes me wish i could dance

ReputationRep:
    Recommended by a friend, has a nice message though its not EDM :love:

https://youtu.be/sLp0SuNw2wE

ReputationRep:
    Jamming to this tune

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.