Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I was involved in an incident today whereby I was assaulted by a female student however, being brought up to never hit a woman, I didn't retaliate.
    My question is: Should you fight back if a woman assaults you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1) Women and men are equal

2) You should fight back against assaulters

3) You would fight back against a man if its an assault because of (2)

4) You would fight back against a woman if its an assault because of (2) and (3)

ReputationRep:
    Unless it's life threatening then I'd just shrug her off and go back to scrolling TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)

2) You should fight back against assaulters

2) You would fight back against a man if its an assault because of (2)

3) You would fight back against a woman if its an assault because of (2) and (3)
    I imagine if I did fight back though it'd be viewed a lot more negatively than her just assaulting me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gender shouldn't really come into it tbh, if you are in danger, you are at complete liberty to use self defence but violence shouldn't be used otherwise imo, report it to the police/your University

ReputationRep:
    trip her up in the hallway and walk away whistling innocently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Hi all,
    I was involved in an incident today whereby I was assaulted by a female student however, being brought up to never hit a woman, I didn't retaliate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes
    men and women are apparently equal. if you get hit, defend yourself!

ReputationRep:
    I imagine if I did fight back though it'd be viewed a lot more negatively than her just assaulting me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats why you have to make it clear it was in self defence, after the first brief assault or them clearly moving in on you say loudly "please stop assaulting me" and then whip out your best moves inspired by kung fu panda.

Alternatively just retaliate stealthily:ninja2::ninja::ninjagirl: like elbow the ribs and walk swiftly off or knee/quick quick em in the privates and head the other way ( ensuring you can still see them within your vision as you escape so you can handle any follow ups)

(this is all easier if you know martial arts btw)

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Nah not today its International Womens Day mate, cant even look at one today. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Unless it's life threatening then I'd just shrug her off and go back to scrolling TSR
    This. Violence is only justifiable as a form of defence. If it's not necessary to defend yourself then take a chill pill and just report it

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    men and women are apparently equal
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Gender shouldn't really come into it tbh
    Western criminal justice systems don't treat men and women equally, particularly not when it comes to violence. It’s very important to remember this

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    BS arbitrary male = bad/oppressor/aggressor, female = good/oppressed/victim, predominant post-feminist mindset

In the U.S (proxy for The West more generally) men receive sentences that are 63% higher, on average, than their female counterparts and offenders killing men receive sentences that are 56% lower than sentences received by offenders who kill women

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you shouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the opinion of everyone

ReputationRep:
    It would be sexist NOT to hit her. But then you'll need to deal with the SJWs and the biased legal and administrative systems.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.