Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have been granted £8,640 so I am happy with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ljayne89)
    Have been granted £8,640 so I am happy with that
    The maximum student loan is £8,200. How did you get an extra £440 in funding?

ReputationRep:
    No, £10,702 is the maximum (London, living away from home) I probably should check I have given all the correct information though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ljayne89)
    No, £10,702 is the maximum (London, living away from home) I probably should check I have given all the correct information though.
    Ah right... forgot about London's separate additional funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    The maximum student loan is £8,200. How did you get an extra £440 in funding?
    Although they say it's £8200, I have been given £8552 for 2016/17 and I am outside of London.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I got £8200.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by causerino)
    Although they say it's £8200, I have been given £8552 for 2016/17 and I am outside of London.
    What is your household income? I think it's probably a mistake and that it is best to contact SFE yourself.

ReputationRep:
    What is your household income? I think it's probably a mistake and that it is best to contact SFE yourself.
    Independent (+25 year old), income circa £12k, as I have been in full time education for the last year.

ReputationRep:
    Hello im starting in sept 2016/17 at Salford university and my household income is less than £9000 will i be entitled to £8000 maintenance loans ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul96)
    Hello im starting in sept 2016/17 at Salford university and my household income is less than £9000 will i be entitled to £8000 maintenance loans ?
    £8,200. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    £8,200. Yes.
    Ok Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My letter said I'd be getting £10815.00 although now I'm a bit worried it was incorrect

ReputationRep:
    Hello Abdul!

Congratulations on going to Salford!

Do you have any children, adult dependents or medical conditions, or is this an extended length course may I ask?

It would be interesting to see your funding entitlement, which can be found on your on-line account - if your willing to post it.

Enjoy Salford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darloviking)
    Hello Abdul!

Congratulations on going to Salford!

Do you have any children, adult dependents or medical conditions, or is this an extended length course may I ask?

It would be interesting to see your funding entitlement, which can be found on your on-line account - if your willing to post it.

Enjoy Salford!

Hello and Thanks

I don't have any adult dependants or medical conditions my course is 3-4 years long.

Also my household income is below £9000

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.