The Student Room Group

Extra Curricular Activity Ideas?

Could teaching a language to myself by using vocab sites be classed as an extra curricular activity? I wouldn't be getting a qualification in it, just doing it for fun... Also, I heard blogging could be considered extra curricular activity and I've always wanted to start a blog about health care/NHS for fun as I want to go into Medicine/Dentistry/Nursing etc.

Any other ideas would be nice..

I think this could be my major downfall if I apply for a competitive course like Medicine because I literally do nothing! (and also my grades won't be the best so I need another way to stand out). I used to do all sorts, like dance and piano but stopped them when I joined secondary school because I was embarrassed tbh.
Original post by romansholiday
Could teaching a language to myself by using vocab sites be classed as an extra curricular activity? I wouldn't be getting a qualification in it, just doing it for fun... Also, I heard blogging could be considered extra curricular activity and I've always wanted to start a blog about health care/NHS for fun as I want to go into Medicine/Dentistry/Nursing etc.

Any other ideas would be nice..

I think this could be my major downfall if I apply for a competitive course like Medicine because I literally do nothing! (and also my grades won't be the best so I need another way to stand out). I used to do all sorts, like dance and piano but stopped them when I joined secondary school because I was embarrassed tbh.

Hey! :hi:

Teaching yourself a language is definately an extra-curricular as it is pursued in addition to the normal course of study.

Here is a list of extra-curricular activities you can do. Try and pick out something you think would make you stand out, brainstorm anything you think would be a extra-curricular that interests you.

Hope this helps. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest