The Student Room Group

Spanish

Im currently attempting to write a spanish GCSE essay. In this essay, I need to include phrases on 'what I did on holiday', 'what I normally do on holiday' and 'what I plan to do on holiday. I'm struggling to write this and would love some help, things such as phrases or words would be much appreciated.
Hi there! I happen to be Spanish, and also a Spanish A-Level student, so I think I can help you, heehee ! ^^
Still, because I didn´t do Spanish GCSE I don´t really know how your essay needs to be... Could you be a bit more specific with what you want to know? I can help you translate anything you need.
Original post by amirathepeanut
Hi there! I happen to be Spanish, and also a Spanish A-Level student, so I think I can help you, heehee ! ^^
Still, because I didn´t do Spanish GCSE I don´t really know how your essay needs to be... Could you be a bit more specific with what you want to know? I can help you translate anything you need.

I need to include phrases like:
I stayed at the hotel for two weeks
I traveled by plane/bus/car
I visited Barcelona
I sunbathed for most of the holiday
Spain is pretty compared to England
The plane ride was long
My mum thought the journey was fun
I stayed in a hotel in Pineda
It has a gym
The best part was the food
The worst part was the entertainment
My room was big and spacious

I'm sorry the list is long, I'm just so lost as to where to start or as to what to write <3
Original post by summermorris12
I need to include phrases like:
I stayed at the hotel for two weeks
I traveled by plane/bus/car
I visited Barcelona
I sunbathed for most of the holiday
Spain is pretty compared to England
The plane ride was long
My mum thought the journey was fun
I stayed in a hotel in Pineda
It has a gym
The worst part was the entertainment

I'm sorry the list is long, I'm just so lost as to where to start or as to what to write <3

I stayed at the hotel for two weeks----- Me quedé en el hotel dos semanas.I traveled by plane/bus/car
----- Viajé en avión. / Viajé en autobús. / Viajé en coche.
Or to avoid repeating the same sentence all the time, you could say "Fui en avión/autobús/coche.
I visited Barcelona---- Visité Barcelona.I sunbathed for most of the holiday----- Translating this one directly into Spanish would sound really weird, so I suggest you write "Tomé mucho el sol" which translates into "I sunbathed a lot" and sounds a lot better.Spain is pretty compared to England
----- Comparado a Inglaterra, España es un país muy bonito.
The plane ride was long
----- El viaje en avión fue muy largo.
My mum thought the journey was fun----- El viaje le pareció muy divertido a mi madre. This sentence sounds a bit too complex... I would rather say something like "a mi madre le gustó mucho el viaje" (my mum really liked the journey.)I stayed in a hotel in Pineda----- Me quedé en un hotel en Pineda.It has a gym
----- Tenía un gimnasio.
----- Lo mejor fue la comida.The worst part was the entertainment
----- Lo que menos me gustó fue el entretenimiento.
------ Mi habitación era grande y espaciosa.

That's it for those translations! Do you need help with anything else? ^^
Thanks you so much for this, do you know the translations for like 'I stay at the hotel', 'I visit barcelona' I need them in present as well as pst and future, sorry for the inconvenience x
Some useful phrases I think helped me at GCSE
I stay at the hotel for two weeks - Me quedo en el hotel por dos semanas.
I will stay at the hotel for two weeks - Me quedaré en el hotel por dos semanas.

I will visit Barcelona - Visitaré Barcelona
I enjoy visiting landmarks - Disfruto visitar los monumentos.
I love to sunbathe but I don't like getting sunburn - Me encanta tomar el sol, pero no me gusta sufrir una quemadura del sol.
My hotel has so many facilities - Mi hotel tiene tantas facilidades.

If you go onto the website spanishdict.com, and type in the verb you want, it has whole conjugation tables, and a whole bunch of other stuff, it's so useful :smile: It has an app as well x
Original post by summermorris12
Thanks you so much for this, do you know the translations for like 'I stay at the hotel', 'I visit barcelona' I need them in present as well as pst and future, sorry for the inconvenience x

Me quedo en el hotel (present)
Me quedaré en el hotel (future)

Visito Barcelona (present)
Visitaré Barcelona (future)
[QUOTE=GrowSomeStrawbs;63312149]Some useful phrases I think helped me at GCSE
I stay at the hotel for two weeks - Me quedo en el hotel por dos semanas.
I will stay at the hotel for two weeks - Me quedaré en el hotel por dos semanas.

I will visit Barcelona - Visitaré Barcelona
I enjoy visiting landmarks - Disfruto visitar los monumentos.
I love to sunbathe but I don't like getting sunburn - Me encanta tomar el sol, pero no me gusta sufrir una quemadura del sol.
My hotel has so many facilities - Mi hotel tiene tantas facilidades.

If you go onto the website spanishdict.com, and type in the verb you want, it has whole conjugation tables, and a whole bunch of other stuff, it's so useful :smile: It has an app as well x

Thank you so much for this, the phrases are literally everything that I need to include, as for the website it is extremely useful, thank you for recommending it to me X

Quick Reply

Latest