The Student Room Group

NHS courses and accomodation

So I was wondering, I know that accommodation is guaranteed for first year applicants BUT when is the right time to apply so you know you can get the one you want?

I'm asking since NHS applicants don't have a head start on this whereas non-NHS students will.

My last interview is in April and I'm not sure I want to risk not getting the accommodation that I want/need.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on anyone of this, I'm not fully sure on the details of how this works for NHS students.
Original post by cookie2396
So I was wondering, I know that accommodation is guaranteed for first year applicants BUT when is the right time to apply so you know you can get the one you want?

I'm asking since NHS applicants don't have a head start on this whereas non-NHS students will.

My last interview is in April and I'm not sure I want to risk not getting the accommodation that I want/need.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on anyone of this, I'm not fully sure on the details of how this works for NHS students.

Accommodation guarantees and applications are all managed by universities directly. You need to look on the university website for your unis to know what you're guaranteed.

The deadlines for choosing firm/insurance choices are the same for NHS and non-NHS students (and universities aren't allowed to offer incentives to make decisions earlier) so there's no advantages to either group of students.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Accommodation guarantees and applications are all managed by universities directly. You need to look on the university website for your unis to know what you're guaranteed.

The deadlines for choosing firm/insurance choices are the same for NHS and non-NHS students (and universities aren't allowed to offer incentives to make decisions earlier) so there's no advantages to either group of students.

Thank you for the reply!
That helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest