The Student Room Group

UNPOPULAR OPINION: Slut shaming can be justified

No longer hold such opinion pls ignore
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you care what people to do? To the point you think people should be "shamed". People's sex lives should not concern you. There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults having a lot of sex; why do you see this as a bad thing?
Why is having sex with a lot of people a bad thing?
Reply 3
y'all are a bunch of slags
Original post by drowzee
Why do you care what people to do? To the point you think people should be "shamed". People's sex lives should not concern you. There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults having a lot of sex; why do you see this as a bad thing?

If you've slept with 10 people it's excessive and you should be shamed?

Reply 6
Your opinion is pretty meaningless without some kind of reasonable argument for it.
lmao. Is someone being bitter because they dont get any sex?
Reply 8
Original post by BrianMcEgg
If someone thinks it's acceptable to sleep with who ever the hell they want and/or show lack of self respect by posting obscene pictures of themselves then they deserved to be named and shamed. I don't care whether you're male or female, if you think it's acceptable to sleep with who you want you deserve to be slut shamed.

A) no I'm not saying you can't take obscene photos of yourself
B) no I'm not saying you can't sleep with people, but if you're sleeping with like 10 people then that's a bit excessive

This is a discussion so if you disagree, please say why and refrain from insulting me(or each other) because if we do this thread will go down more quickly than the titanic.

It is acceptable for somebody to sleep with whoever they want as long as they are safe.

Self-respect is not something you get to judge by the outward behaviour of another person.

'Slut' is completely offensive as a word, you should be shamed for using such vulgarities against people who have no impact on your life.

In B) You say that people can have sex, but not with more than 10 people.

How can you justify an opinion like that? Why do you get to choose how many people is acceptable? Why is a 'slut' a 'slut' if 'Brian McEgg thinks another human being has slept with more than 10 people and thusly has hit the official quota for shaming?

There are so many fundamental issues and avenues that have not properly been explored by your proposed point that I could criticise it for the next week and still be coming up with fresh ideas.
(edited 8 years ago)
Its disgraceful. The big Nasty should be reserved for for couples on their wedding nights in missionary position only
Original post by drowzee

Why do I care? It's about self respect, I care for that person because they don't seem to respect themselves. Notice that I said "can be justified", some cases such as having mulitple partners can mean that slut shaming can be justified

If one person sleeps with loads of people, it would make me concerned of whether they'd be committed to me, for example.
Troo
Original post by Synonym
y'all are a bunch of slags
Why do I care? It's about self respect, I care for that person because they don't seem to respect themselves. Notice that I said "can be justified", some cases such as having mulitple partners can mean that slut shaming can be justified

If one person sleeps with loads of people, it would make me concerned of whether they'd be committed to me, for example.

There is no correlation to self respect and having sex.

Why do people always say this?
Looking at your arguments, I didn't think it through properly, apologies

lol that's really all you had to say
and that's your opinion
and that's fine.

It's not so mental to think that way either.

But as you know it's an unpopular opinion...

not because it doesn't make sense to wonder if someone will be faithful since they have a lot of premarital sex;
it's just because most people just can't live up to that standard, for whatever reason.

So since sex is soooo common these days, for people young and old, married not married, it's becoming less taboo. And you're just gona have to take that risk with someone sexually active (8/10 I think they will be, over the age of 15...)

Or...stay single, with no sex until you find "that one."
Or that virgin :erm: good luck.
Original post by loveleest
There is no correlation to self respect and having sex.

Why do people always say this?

It's more to the side of posting explicit photos rather than sex
Reply 16
Slutty women make terrible wives and are a perennial distraction.

Terrible wives result in broken homes, single parent households and the massive problems that result. Single parent households are universally proven to produce children with far higher rates of crime, suicide, depression, rape and theft.

Slutty women also distract men from the real business of society.

What is gained from women being in the workforce is generally replaceable by automation and there is little reason for women to work these days. If there must be money given for easy jobs then it must go to men, whose self-esteem and self-worth depends on their work.

The costs, especially the wasted costs (like men being fired of sexual harassment accusations), of women in the workforce are starting to outweigh the benefits and if men have any testosterone left they will, for economic reasons and for reasons of self-preservation, demand the undoing of the neoliberal "liberation" of women from their traditional responsibilities of motherhood and family.

Unfortunately testosterone levels have fallen a fair amount and in countries without adequate water processing systems, the flood of oestrogen (and other female-targeting drugs, like antidepressants) going into the water supply is likely causing a disruption of natural male behaviour.
(edited 8 years ago)
Looking at your arguments, I didn't think it through properly, apologies

Don't ever apologise for how you think! Just learn to articulate what you mean.
Or silently stop posting :wink: lol
Original post by drowzee

PRSOM

Regarding self respect: Why does having a lot of sex mean they don't have self respect? Self respect is about loving yourself and having high self esteem; I fail to see the correlation between a lot of sex and high self esteem.

Multiple partners: Why does having multiple partners mean that slut shaming can be justified?

Commitment: If said person had a lot of sex with different people outside of a relationship, and otherwise remained faithful during a relationship, why would you be concerned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending