Turn on thread page Beta

Repeating GCSE maths for better grade advice watch

ReputationRep:
    i got a C last year in GCSE maths and am repeating this may and june for an a/b as i want to study economics at uni i am currently studying 3 alevels, looking advice starting a tutor and have 3 months to relearn the syllabus i attained a mid C. looking advice whether i should study economics at uni in the first place if i need the maths help that if i work really hard should it be okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollsbee)
    i got a C last year in GCSE maths and am repeating this may and june for an a/b as i want to study economics at uni i am currently studying 3 alevels, looking advice starting a tutor and have 3 months to relearn the syllabus i attained a mid C. looking advice whether i should study economics at uni in the first place if i need the maths help that if i work really hard should it be okay
    I think it would be best if you resit that C in order to get an A (be more ambitious ).

Universities do look for students with a B or above in GCSE for Mathematics. However what matters most is your A Levels, some universities do ask for an A Level in Mathematics – you'd have to look into which university you are interested in for that. Other than that, even if some universities do not ask for it I would recommend you do resit it for your own benefit, as Economics does involve a lot of Mathematics (mostly financial mathematics).

If you want any help with your revision for your Mathematics GCSE here are a few tips:
    • Work through the ExamSolutions videos if you ever feel you feel like you are stuck on any section
    • Feel free to post in the TSR GCSE Maths Forum if you are unsure about something (make sure provide the question and what you have already done)
    • Do every single past paper
    • Mark your papers and see where you have gone wrong
    • Look to do IGCSE papers once you have done all of the GCSE ones
    I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    This can help http://keshmaths.com/gcse-maths-takeaway-3/ if you need to go through ever topic and improve on it; it's really beneficial then go through past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.