Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters? Watch

By attraction, I don't mean I watch crude cartoonish adaptations of sexual intercourse (hentai).
    I wouldn't pick them over a real girl either, due to traits they have- I can still talk to girls normally etc.

I just find some of their physical appearance attractive, and basically it has created a fetish for those traits in real girls.

Examples- hourglass figure
    Slender legs
    Etc

ReputationRep:
    C'mon, you know it is abnormal because it is all unrealistic especially the hourglass figure + bestiality. However they are drawn in a way to entice you, so don't feel weird for having this reaction.

(Original post by Holydude)
    C'mon, you know it is abnormal because it is all unrealistic especially the hourglass figure + bestiality. However they are drawn in a way to entice you, so don't feel weird for having this reaction.
    Bestiality is a whole different kettle of fish...

It's obviously not normal, because anime is a niche in itself.
    As for the anime community, a LOT of them are into fanfictions and ****, so I guess within that community it's not too abnormal. I just feel that some people get too obsessive about a friggin character, as if they were real, and even call them Waifu (at least I'm not at that level )

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree! I'm attracted to female anime characters... But I'm not a lesbian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend taking a break from anime.

Spoiler:
    Show
    calm down. If you don't want to it's okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They are kawaii-desu , yeah?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I'm a girl and I think female anime characters are fittttttt as ****
    and I'm straight so, well you seem to like it cause you've been exposed to anime girls alot, tbh if anime girls were real I'm sure you'd pick them and if I was a man I'd want them too so...

dw

ReputationRep:
    lol well I find some anime guys hot so it isn't that bad. They purposely draw cute people anyway

I think it's a bit weird but I find them attractive too... I'm glad it's not just me really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.