Turn on thread page Beta

Should i make the first move or ignore him? watch

Hi
    So I like this boy at college, we had a thing in September and kissed after college one evening. After that, we completely ignored each other and stopped talking because he told me what we had wasn't real. I didn't like him anyway so it was fine with me and we both agreed that we were not ready for a relationship.

So a few weeks ago, he sent me a text and was like he wanted us to go out during summer like to date. I told him No, I don't think that will be possible because I didn't think he would give me the attention that I need.
    He said he just wanted to give it a try since we have so much in common and it could probably work out.
    It's so weird as well because we have quite A LOT in common. Lately I've realized that am starting to like him but I think he's got zero interest in me after what I told him.
    And we're both virgins, am 18 And his 19, so sometimes I just think he wants sex from me and probably he'll leave me after that.
    We haven't started dating now because we're both in A2 and studying for exams and may both take a gap year and probably start dating in June.
    I just need some advice if I should go for it or just leave it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you like him and would like a relationship with him then go for it, if you don't then don't.

Be clear with him what it is that you want so that he doesn't get the impression that it's just a fling/fwb deal if that isn't what you're after.

ReputationRep:
    DON'T GO OUT WITH HIM! He only wants sex (unless thats all you want as well) he told you "what we had wasn't real" which means he does not like you. So you need to decide whether or not you want to be pumped and dumped. :hump:

Thanks, I had thoughts of that as well..

ReputationRep:
    If you are into him, go for it. Life's too short. I'm really into someone right now! I kind of think about my future a lot sometimes and often imagine what it would be like with a certain someone in it. I hope my intentions turn out to be the same, if not, not the end of the world. Too early to be thinking about it to be honest.

But seriously, go for it if you know you want the relationship. If it's for something else however, well, you decide.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.