Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Currently Studying A Level English Language and BTEC LVL 3 Business 90 credit diploma Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I've been urgently wanting to post this question i have which has also been significantly bothering me over the past 2 weeks. Basically, I am currently in my first year of college and i study English language a level and business btec level 3 extended diploma 90 credit (worth 3 a levels). I have received a grade C for maths and English GCSE. If i get an A* in English a level and triple distinction star in btec business, will i therefore be able to study accounting and finance in university? My general concern, question is will I be able to study finance with grade c maths and English GCSE and get into a good/average uni along with A* in A level English Language and D*D*D* grades? I'm very serious about this issue and extremely worrying, which further demotivates me...

As all of you are students, rather not actual university workers/teachers, will you still please give me an accurate answer to my question please?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you look on a specific university you want to apply to, their course requirements will be there.

For e.g. If you are wanting to apply to Leeds university, you must have:
    a B in English Language at GCSE level,
    or a C in English Language and B in English Literature.
    an A in Maths at GCSE level.
    AND AAA at A level in any subject.

You mentioned you do BTEC business, I think this is what you are classed as? I'm not sure about BTEC but this is what they say:

"Applicants offering the BTEC Extended Diploma in Business (18 Units) must obtain a minimum of Distinction, Distinction alongside 1 academic A-level at Grade A (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking). For the BA Management programme (ONLY) we will accept the BTEC Extended Diploma in Business with Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction* (an academic A-level is not required). "

You may want to consider resetting your maths and English Lang GCSE cos most unis will ask for B or above... Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.