Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Probability is giving me quite a lot of trouble Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lately when trying to do probability wuestions I've been encountering a lot of trouble in simply understanding. All the stuff regaring mutually exclusive and independent is confusing me, and the stuff which is giving me the most troubleis the equations and actually working out the answers. It all seems so illogical to me.
    I was wondering if anybody has a good resource which has helped them with probability? Or if you could walk me through the basics, (I know thats a big ask so I wont expect it, and also knowing how vague I've been in this question I apologise).

Many thanks,
    Jake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeRStudent)
    Lately when trying to do probability wuestions I've been encountering a lot of trouble in simply understanding. All the stuff regaring mutually exclusive and independent is confusing me, and the stuff which is giving me the most troubleis the equations and actually working out the answers. It all seems so illogical to me.
    I was wondering if anybody has a good resource which has helped them with probability? Or if you could walk me through the basics, (I know thats a big ask so I wont expect it, and also knowing how vague I've been in this question I apologise).

Many thanks,
    Jake
    examsolutions and watch all the videos and do all the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeRStudent)

Many thanks,
    Jake
    ...and ask questions in this forum, plenty of people on here are willing to help you with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.