Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ugly man, and a pretty woman equals a perfect match Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axlerod)
    I'm guessing you saw that "messages to your ex" video with that "remove beauty with one tissue" 😂😂😂 if not then my baaaaaaaad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    This must be something to do with where you live/who you hang around, sorry.
    no not really its just reality, if you took the makeup off your face youd look extremely average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    no not really its just reality, if you took the makeup off your face youd look extremely average.
    I'm not wearing make up, I never do, looking average is not looking ugly, it's fine...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not wearing make up, I never do, looking average is not looking ugly, it's fine...
    i never said looking average is ugly... i said if women didnt wear makeup 90% of the time their partner would look better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    i never said looking average is ugly... i said if women didnt wear makeup 90% of the time their partner would look better.
    I think it's because we are used to seeing women with a fair bit of make up on. I look a bit plain but that's only because I look like a normal person that's not wearing make up. I'm not uglier than the average bloke though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Yeah but you ain't one of those

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am if it gets me an attractive man :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Show us a pic of you.
    What would you rate yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Men and woman look equally unattracive and attractive as each other. Girls look better on average because of make up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmmIsIt)
    So shallow goshhhhhh
    Note the sticking-out tongue and don't be so quick to criticise someone else's idea of a witty response, it wasn't meant personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmmIsIt)
    Show us a pic of you.
    What would you rate yourself?
    You have one

My claim is being average

I really don't care either
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    I am if it gets me an attractive man :lol:
    Loool, I'm afraid that the guy is the judge of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    looks are subjective, and physical attraction being important.
    Most people want to be with a person that they're attracted to, its natural, but wanting a meal ticket or security is plain lazy as we are not in the 1950s.
    Women can work and cover their own expenses.
    The same women who want security are the same type of women that use divorce as a tool.
    Looks aren't that subjective.
    So wanting to be with a person good looking is natural, but wanting a partner who can provide security and resources for ones offspring is not?

You're using evolutionary psychology to justify one thing, but not the other. Show a little consistency dear boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Looks aren't that subjective.

So wanting to be with a person good looking is natural, but wanting a partner who can provide security and resources for ones offspring is not?

You're using evolutionary psychology to justify one thing, but not the other. Show a little consistency dear boy.

Yes they are little one, and it is important that you understand.
    Most women are looking to provide security for themselves, and are willing to use the child as collateral to gain more capital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Yes they are little one, and it is important that you understand.
    Most women are looking to provide security for themselves, and are willing to use the child as collateral to gain more capital.
    Well that's not something to concern you dear, you don't have to ever worry about women trying to take your sperm for their own materialistic gain. Trust me dear boy.

And if looks are completely subjective, then you have just debunked your entire OP. For what would constitute a pretty woman, and an ugly man, if it is subjective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailored Suit)
    Why are men supposedly the uglier sex, I've never really understood that saying? There are, on average, just as many handsome men as there are beautiful women.
    It's cause most men aren't as self-conscious of their appearance as women are. (Addendum: I'm not saying all men are not self-conscious and that all women are lmao.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.