Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my mock results today and it was really bad. AQA Biology: C, AQA chemistry: D, AQA Physics: E, Edexcel Maths: C. The exam I did was the new spec and the papers were considerably harder compared to the past papers, when I do past papers I get higher grades but the exam was just too hard. I am just wondering is there any way possible for me to turn these grades into A by the summer exams, and can anyone give me any tips or advice to help me achieve my target. Forget maths, I just made silly mistakes and I know I can get A but it's the sciences I am really worried about. Thank you for your help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I got even worse results in my mocks than you ! So cheer up! You might not want advice from me but hear out ^~^
    I initially didn't want to do physics for my A levels because I am not really good in maths but I actually focused more on Physics than any other things that I am doing (Chem,Bio and economics) and I got a decent grade on my mock. You should consider getting a home tutor for an hour or just ask extra time with your teachers so you can ask things, you understand a lot more because its more 1-1. (I had a tutor for an hour a week like since beginning of December and my mocks were on the second week of January)

I was really disappointed in my results and I have been working in all my free periods and about 2 hours at home excluding homework time . (I hope it pays off ) But I am just freaked out about not getting the grades that I want in AS
    Hope this helps ^-^
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    Hi, I got my mock results today and it was really bad. AQA Biology: C, AQA chemistry: D, AQA Physics: E, Edexcel Maths: C. The exam I did was the new spec and the papers were considerably harder compared to the past papers, when I do past papers I get higher grades but the exam was just too hard. I am just wondering is there any way possible for me to turn these grades into A by the summer exams, and can anyone give me any tips or advice to help me achieve my target. Forget maths, I just made silly mistakes and I know I can get A but it's the sciences I am really worried about. Thank you for your help in advance.
    Bad luck with those mocks, dragonblazer11. For some motivation, you could read our 'Editor's pick' articles written by tutors, for example here:

http://www.thetutorpages.com/a-level-physics-tutors

And as yorobun says, using a private tutor could really help.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What did you do for the mock revision? As the amount is not essential, its the quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleggj88)
    What did you do for the mock revision? As the amount is not essential, its the quality
    read the whole text book thoroughly and watched videos for every topic.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps try to make notes since it is more likely to stick in your brain than reading since it is more active?
    sounds childish (and you may not have enough time to do this) but sometimes colour coding can really help

ReputationRep:
    Look at PAST PAPERS.

Seriously. Knowing the content doesn't help you much if your answers are not what the examiners are looking for in the mark scheme.

Past papers are love. Past papers are life.

:woo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd say especially for... But that's just it, past papers are so crucial for each of the A Levels you're studying, and they've helped me loads in my mocks. (I'm taking the same set of subjects.)

ReputationRep:
    Try practice questions and summary questions so that you know what the questions are asking for

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.