I don't really understant the question

Watch this thread
sosina
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
on industrial scale, sulphuric acid or ammonia can be prepared by the contact process or Haber process methods respectively. as the chemist in your company that produces sulphuric acid or ammonia, analyse hoe the operating conditions for the process should be optimised to maximum yield in relation to two physical chemistry concepts
RMNDK
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sosina)
on industrial scale, sulphuric acid or ammonia can be prepared by the contact process or Haber process methods respectively. as the chemist in your company that produces sulphuric acid or ammonia, analyse hoe the operating conditions for the process should be optimised to maximum yield in relation to two physical chemistry concepts
I believe the chemistry concepts you need to think about are the rate of reaction, and equilibrium

Think about the conditions that you need in order to maximise yield, i.e. to shift the equilibrium to the products side.

You're also going to need to take into account the rate of a reaction.
For instance, if a condition involves decreasing the temperature because that shifts the equilibrium to the right, and therefore the products, you don't therefore make the coldest reaction possible.

Why? Cos it's not going to happen. The particles will have no kinetic energy. So there is this compromise between these two concepts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
21.35%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.62%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
16.85%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (20)
22.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.35%

Watched Threads