Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am taking economics, psychology and law at a-level and am predicted AAB however I think I can get A*AB or AAA. For my GCSEs I got 1A*, 5A and 5B (B's are in English and maths). I have a job, have done work experience in a law firm, am hoping to go to a law conference at LSE and other stuff showing my passion for law.
    What are the odds I can get into a good uni to take LLB Law with only three a levels (I only took three because of the new linear courses and didn't want to take 4 A2's). Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure that you can get into a good university with only three a levels, espiecally as your grades appear to be very good.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I am just worried because my subjects are all considered 'non-facilitating' and most uni' like two facilitating ones with only one non 😫
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Amberhs99)
    I am taking economics, psychology and law at a-level and am predicted AAB however I think I can get A*AB or AAA. For my GCSEs I got 1A*, 5A and 5B (B's are in English and maths). I have a job, have done work experience in a law firm, am hoping to go to a law conference at LSE and other stuff showing my passion for law.
    What are the odds I can get into a good uni to take LLB Law with only three a levels (I only took three because of the new linear courses and didn't want to take 4 A2's). Thanks
    Facilitating just means flexible - it doesn't mean preferred. They're recommended by Russell Groups because they give people the flexibility to chose a range of different courses at university without committing to a particular path at 15/16 when they chose their A level subjects. They're not necessarily BETTER for entry onto specific courses. The EXACT WORDS of the RG guidance is
    "If you don’t know what you want to study at university then it’s a really good rule of thumb that taking two facilitating subjects will keep a wide range of degree courses open to you."
    Read the guidance in full: http://russellgroup.ac.uk/media/5320...medchoices.pdf

Both Economics and Psychology are on LSEs list of preferred subjects: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...rallapplicants (and LSE are about as picky as it gets for A level subject choices aside from Trinity Cambridge (which is a single college)).

All three of your subjects are on Sheffield's preferred list: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergra...olicies/alevel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.