Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a self taught student, so I need an indicator of how I'm doing, plus I work better when solidifying knowledge in pairs. Anyone taking new spec A2 pyschology that wants to revise via skype sometime?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    I'm a self taught student, so I need an indicator of how I'm doing, plus I work better when solidifying knowledge in pairs. Anyone taking new spec A2 pyschology that wants to revise via skype sometime?x
    What topics have you self-taught? There may be overlap with old spec, where i could help. Yours shall just go into a little more detail than mine!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Psychology Teacher so can help/guide if needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    I'm a Psychology Teacher so can help/guide if needed.
    Oh my, you are like the miracle which i have been seeking since beginning A-levels. I'm resitting the old spec Unit 2 exam this summer. Would it be possible for you to help me with the Social Influence section and some small parts of Stress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    Oh my, you are like the miracle which i have been seeking since beginning A-levels. I'm resitting the old spec Unit 2 exam this summer. Would it be possible for you to help me with the Social Influence section and some small parts of Stress?
    I'll try

Anything specific?

I'm not familiar with stress but I'll give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try

Anything specific?
    I understand the theory behind Stres, but the studies are of no use to me. Couldn't remember any, other than Kiecoltt-Glaser and Johanssen (?). Otherwise for Social influence, Milgram is all I know >.<

ReputationRep:
    I understand the theory behind Stres, but the studies are of no use to me. Couldn't remember any, other than Kiecoltt-Glaser and Johanssen (?). Otherwise for Social influence, Milgram is all I know >.<
    Firstly, what exam board are you on? and what resources do you currently have?

and are you aware of Assessment Objectives?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, what exam board are you on? and what resources do you currently have?

and are you aware of Assessment Objectives?
    I have a revision guide and a text book for AQA.
    A01; Knowledge and understanding
    A02; Application, Analysis, Evaluation and Interpretation.
    I think that's what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    I have a revision guide and a text book for AQA.
    A01; Knowledge and understanding
    A02; Application, Analysis, Evaluation and Interpretation.
    I think that's what you mean?
    Yeap, what exam board are you working with? AQA? (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...ology-a-2180)?

ReputationRep:
    Yeap, what exam board are you working with? AQA? (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...ology-a-2180)?
    That's the one!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, here's some information for Stress. All of this I've found from <http://www.resourcd.com/search/search_do/1470605> which is a website teachers use to share resources. (Attached)

This website <http://www.loopa.co.uk/aqa-psychology-revision-resources/>
    Saj self-taught Psycholgoy and got an A*. He has produced revision guides for every unit. I've bought 2 (£8 each) and they're very good. Pretty sure he has videos and things on the site for free though.

Key studies for Stress:
    Kiecolt-Glaser 1995 stress and the immune system.
    Rahe et al (1970) life changes
    Marmot (1997) Workplace stressors
    Friedman and Roseman (1974) stress and cardiovascular disorders

Key studies for Social Influence:
    Asch (1951) majority influence.
    Moscovici (1969) minority influence.
    Milgram (1963) obedience.
    Zimbardo (1973)

All of these should be supported/opposed by at least one other theory. You don't need to remember dates, but names of key studies are expected.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Stress 1.doc (32.5 KB, 71 views)
  2. File Type: doc Stress Key terms.doc (39.0 KB, 76 views)
  3. File Type: odt Unit 2 summary.odt (30.0 KB, 58 views)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, here's some information for Stress. All of this I've found from <http://www.resourcd.com/search/search_do/1470605> which is a website teachers use to share resources. (Attached)

This website <http://www.loopa.co.uk/aqa-psychology-revision-resources/>
    Saj self-taught Psycholgoy and got an A*. He has produced revision guides for every unit. I've bought 2 (£8 each) and they're very good. Pretty sure he has videos and things on the site for free though.

Key studies for Stress:
    Kiecolt-Glaser 1995 stress and the immune system.
    Rahe et al (1970) life changes
    Marmot (1997) Workplace stressors
    Friedman and Roseman (1974) stress and cardiovascular disorders

Key studies for Social Influence:
    Asch (1951) majority influence.
    Moscovici (1969) minority influence.
    Milgram (1963) obedience.
    Zimbardo (1973)

All of these should be supported/opposed by at least one other theory. You don't need to remember dates, but names of key studies are expected.
    You are a miracle worker! Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.