The Student Room Group

A-Level choices

I need to chose my a-levels and need to submit the form this week, I'm interested at doing medicine at uni but I'm not 100%

So far I have thought Chemistry, Biology, Maths, F Maths

Is it essential that I do Biology for medicine or would it be better if I did physics as I could potentially get a better grade as physics and maths have a lot more in common?

Also I'm not sure if I need to do further maths too. I find GCSE maths and additional maths pretty easy but I don't know how much harder further maths will be and I'm not sure if it's necessary for medicine?
Biology is a must if u want to study medicine. You can perhaps avoid F maths and do physics instead otherwise thrice subjects are fine
Reply 2
Original post by Aniiforever
Biology is a must if u want to study medicine. You can perhaps avoid F maths and do physics instead otherwise thrice subjects are fine

Not all unis require biology. e.g. Bristol.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15863-medical-school-a-level-requirement
Reply 3
Chemistry's compulsory to do medicine, and biology would be really helpful and keep most medical school open to you in the future than physics :smile:
Biology will be helpful to you and will give you more options.

Quick Reply

Latest