The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't trade on the stock market in this climate, indexed funds are much safer.
Original post by leavingthecity
He says trading. With only 500 quid I read that as leveraged trading. I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong. Because in a leveraged situation that statistic applies. It's more than likely he'd get wiped out within a very short time. And that's not just on the movement of the market, that's on the trickery of the market maker and him f****** you on the price, spread and never missing an opportunity to stop you out on figures coming out that you'll receive with a big delay. It's a mugs game.

Obviously he's not going to lever his 500, like how would you get that idea???
Original post by Jamie S
Obviously he's not going to lever his 500, like how would you get that idea???

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

Partly tongue in cheek, depends what stocks he is trading in though.
Original post by Jamie S
Partly tongue in cheek, depends what stocks he is trading in though.

I don't have a sarcasm processing centre in my brain. It's really bad.

Someone else did suggest a website in the thread for a spread bet company and I was like no no no no no guysssssss........
Okkkkkkk

just a basic fact. if you judge me, I judge you...it's how it works, don't forget that.
Original post by unamujercaliente
just a basic fact. if you judge me, I judge you...it's how it works, don't forget that.

I literally have 0 idea what you are talking about.

Unless you mistook 'warning given' to be aimed at you. It was a reference to the warning I have the OP about leveraged trading....
Invest in Funds through someone like Hargreaves and Lansdown to start learning about the market. To buy funds there are no trading fees. But you will of course earn less than most equities but it's safer of course.
Original post by Jamie S
Don't trade on the stock market in this climate, indexed funds are much safer.

Always are.
I literally have 0 idea what you are talking about.

Unless you mistook 'warning given' to be aimed at you. It was a reference to the warning I have the OP about leveraged trading....

haha...well, no. since you're an online stranger, it's pretty funny that you try and judge me and then say "you don't know meee!" in response. who cares if people know you or not? it's a free world, and you're not owed anything...lol..so we're level, I'm glad we're in agreement.
Always are.

Yup, diversification :wink:
Massively depends on if it's actively traded/who by/ index it's benchmarked against etc.
haha...well, no. since you're an online stranger, it's pretty funny that you try and judge me and then say "you don't know meee!" in response. who cares if people know you or not? it's a free world, and you're not owed anything...lol..so we're level, I'm glad we're in agreement.

I think.......you're .....mistaking me for.......someone else you've been speaking to...........

????????????
lol...no..lol..just amused at you that's all lol.
Reply 54
Short oil futures.
Original post by gwagon
Short oil futures.

hahaha plan :wink:
Original post by Jamie S
Yup, diversification :wink:

My last company, on me being hired my CEO offered to do a Q&A one on one sesh with me about the company (research) and industry (pure equities) and I blurted out " why don't investors just put their money in S&P index trackers instead of trying to beat the market and usually making less money?" And he was like;

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

............errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

.................................ego.

He's a very respected man in the industry.
lol...no..lol..just amused at you that's all lol.

So so confused.
Diversification is for noobs.
Original post by john2054
Diversification is for noobs.

If you have a positive correlation coefficient between equities then this would be correct!

Latest

Trending

Trending