Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,
    I am just finishing my first year at studying computer science at the University of Stirling.

Have any questions? Could be about the course? Uni? societies? anytime else?

Don't be afraid to ask

ReputationRep:
    hey! I'll hopefully be going to Stirling this year and I was wondering what is freshers week like if you're not 18 yet? i'm a bit worried I'll be left behind if most people are going to bars/clubs!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya good luck with your application you can still go to uni held freshers events when under 18 but not buy alcohol at union(the uni bar) and clubs in stirling offer freshers stuff but you have to be 18 for those. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    When did you hear from Stirling?

ReputationRep:
    I heard about late march time after sending my application off in January

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is probably a stupid question... I'm a mature student (28) and planning to attend Stirling in September, I live in Grangemouth so I won't be taking up residence in halls/Stirling but I drive. How is the parking? (if you have had any experience with it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emizi)
    This is probably a stupid question... I'm a mature student (28) and planning to attend Stirling in September, I live in Grangemouth so I won't be taking up residence in halls/Stirling but I drive. How is the parking? (if you have had any experience with it)
    There is quite a lot of parking to be honest especially around the accommodation. But I think you need special parking permit things (sorry I don't know much as I don't drive).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieFraz)
    There is quite a lot of parking to be honest especially around the accommodation. But I think you need special parking permit things (sorry I don't know much as I don't drive).
    Okay thank you, I'll add it to my list of questions for my visit day .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emizi)
    I'm from Grangemouth too and just finished my undergrad at Stirling, staying on another year there to do my masters.

parking, well, the price of permits is going up to £200, which Im not paying, despite getting one every year before (it was about 120 before). it doesnt guarantee you a space (which is a common misconception). otherwise its pay per day, £2 a day I think. so depending on your timetable you can work out which will be cheaper.

there are limited spaces especially during peak times, which is basically after 10am. if you come early everyday, say for 9am-9.30, youll get parked no bother. even if you dont have classes it gives you loads of time to get any work done in the library.

theyve recently built a new car park (THANK GOD) which should hopefully help. theres also spaces up at the student halls but its a bit of a walk (which doesnt help if youre running late from driving around in circles anyway lol).

you should be fine, youll learn as you go what times are best for getting parked. good luck! any other q's feel free to message me

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.