Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I make all the effort in the relationship! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been wth my girlfriend for about 5 months now, we've had our up and downs over the months, sometimes we've come close to splitting up for good but I feel like we've finally resolved many of our issues and have been getting back on track.

However I've suddenly noticed that my girlfriend will barely make an effort. Before I just use to think she didn't make an effort because I used to treat her like **** but now I'm realising that's what she's like and that's the reason we argued so much in the past.

When were together she will talk to me and stuff but sometimes she talks down to me and like orders me to do stuff. She can also get very angry with me over the tiniest thing. Apart from that she sweet and I wouldn't change her for world. It's when we're not together is what bothers me most, she never makes effort to start a conversation or keep one going on text. She will always slow reply me but be on Facebook or whatever. She's never the one to make plans to meet up.

It's just bothering me really because I've done so much to change for her and make our relationship better. Like I do everything for her and we've not argued for ages now and we are getting along fine but it's just stuff like that which makes me question our relationship? I don't want to be the one making all the effort. Relationships require 100% effort from both partners to work. I just don't know what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Then talk to her about it.
    If you both want this relationship to work they you'll both listen to each other and put the effort in. If she doesn't listen to you or put any effort in then I think you have your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her face to face and calmly explain how you feel. If she likes you then she'll take it on board. If she doesn't, you don't want to be with her anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I actually might jizz my pants when Wenger leaves Arsenal, can't wait

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.