We DO NOT NEED to eat MEAT Watch

RickmanAlways
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

Take an hour of your time to watch this please.
Gary Yourofsky is brilliant and this will change the way you think.
We dont. Need to eat. MEAT.
CantGainWeight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
don't eat meat then?
AlwaysWatching
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OKAY!!!!!

WHY USE CAPITAL LETTERS THOUGH?

*I've seen that video before, plus other vegan/ veggie videos, articles, books, and I'm still not persuaded - I also simply like meat too much*
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's a lot of stuff people don't need to do. That doesn't mean they'll stop doing it.
RickmanAlways
Rep:
?
(Original post by CantGainWeight)
don't eat meat then?
No, i dont.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I certainly want to.
Ethereal World
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a vegan but I disagree with any condescension of meat eaters or conversion tactics.

There are a lot of things we don't NEED to do, but consumer culture and society are at this point and the meat industry is a standard feature of rich economies.
CantGainWeight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RickmanAlways)
No, i dont.
Well done.

Keep it to yourself.
thad33
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's wearing Jesus sandals. Therefore what he has to say is worthless to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheFarmerLad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don't need to inform that we don't need to eat meat. You may not need meat but I need meat to feel complete. Need I explain anymore?
RickmanAlways
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlwaysWatching)
OKAY!!!!!

WHY USE CAPITAL LETTERS THOUGH?

*I've seen that video before, plus other vegan/ veggie videos, articles, books, and I'm still not persuaded - I also simply like meat too much*
It got your attention didn't it?
You prefer taste over killing animals (dont forget your an animal too) who may not be able to do complicated mathematical sums but are smart enough to know that they are gonna be slaughtered and they try to run but they cant they call for help but there is none, baby cows are torn away from their mothers so we can drink the milk instead. Imagine if the roles were reversed! The whole world would be screaming THIS IS WRONG! because simply it is.
RickmanAlways
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ethereal World)
I'm a vegan but I disagree with any condescension of meat eaters or conversion tactics.

There are a lot of things we don't NEED to do, but consumer culture and society are at this point and the meat industry is a standard feature of rich economies.
I am not trying to 'convert' i am putting the truth out there.
sa33d97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thad33)
He's wearing Jesus sandals. Therefore what he has to say is worthless to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus was against veganism.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An hour!!?? I won't even drive for more than half an hour for sex, you're being ****ing optimistic :rofl:
TheFarmerLad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh and one more thing, if vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all their food? Banter
AlwaysWatching
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You prefer taste over killing animals (dont forget your an animal too) who may not be able to do complicated mathematical sums but are smart enough to know that they are gonna be slaughtered and they try to run but they cant they call for help but there is none, baby cows are torn away from their mothers so we can drink the milk instead. Imagine if the roles were reversed! The whole world would be screaming THIS IS WRONG! because simply it is.
Getting one's attention isn't the same as persuasion. People already know that we don't technically need to eat meat (veggies haven't dropped dead), however, you haven't persuaded us as to why we shouldn't.

It's no good grabbing attention if you cannot persuade the audience you are appealing to.
Ethereal World
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am not trying to 'convert' i am putting the truth out there.
I get that but it has to be done differently. The thread title alone is gonna create a situation whereby meat eaters come in and just say mmmm bacon :perv:

Humans know we don't need a lot of things but we still do them because we like to do things. We don't NEED alcohol...etc.

The way I would do it (though I don't bang on about being a vegan) is just say put a thread up... put 5 reasons why I'm vegan. and then just explain why it is your choice- it's a much better way to educate people than telling them what they are doing is inherently wrong.
theconfusedman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You stop eating meat, dont force others into it.
Macy1998
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No offense, but so what? People don't need to eat meat but at the end of the day people chose to anyway. There are plenty of things no one needs to do with their lives but is that somehow a reason why they shouldn't do it?

I don't need to eat animal products but I like eating it anyway. Its my choice to place chicken in my mouth and eat it. You don't need to eat a pure no meat diet but its a choice anyway, right?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, it did.

It also let us know you don't have anything else more persuasive to tell us and that we could therefore ignore you.

Which I'll happily do by munching on a bacon sandwich. Cheers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.61%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.32%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.07%

Watched Threads