Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a very shy person and it's hard for me to come out of my shell. I've been on first dates but I've never been on a second date because the girl probably got bored of me on the date. I don't know if it's my inexperience on dates or just my character as a whole, but I really want to improve myself.

What things can I talk about on a date? Also, how can I show that while I am shy, I am also an interesting person? Please help

ReputationRep:
    Ask lots of questions - humans in general love to talk about themselves and she won't notice if you're a bit shy as long as you engage her with questions.

You can also tell her about what you do and what makes you you, share some interesting stories etc. The conversation should flow fairly naturally without too much awkwardness.

ReputationRep:
    you need to overcome your shyness so maybe join any sports club or anything... may help

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Ask lots of questions - humans in general love to talk about themselves and she won't notice if you're a bit shy as long as you engage her with questions.

You can also tell her about what you do and what makes you you, share some interesting stories etc. The conversation should flow fairly naturally without too much awkwardness.
    if I ask her too many questions, would it sound like an interview?

I like sharing stories so that's a good option too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if I ask her too many questions, would it sound like an interview?

I like sharing stories so that's a good option too
    Haha yes, it would! I don't mean for you to fire off questions at her; ask questions that lead on from what she's saying. Plus if you appear interested by nodding and saying 'yeah' etc, she thinks she's really interesting you so she'll keep talking. Make sure you look at her when she's talking, don't look down or look around you.

Sharing stories is definitely a good option. Try to tell stories that will make her laugh or that will stick with her (in a positive way!). PM me if you'd like

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.