How do you settle decisions in your relationship? watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    We ve recently started doing Rock Paper Scissors over who gets the left side of the bed or who is making the teas. How do you decide who does things in the relationship ?

ReputationRep:
    With most things, like paying for nights out or making breakfast, we take it in turns.

We're both pretty indecisive and often neither of us can make a decision, but eventually one of us gives in. Alternatively, we might suggest several things each (such as movies) and then pick whichever we both agree on.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion: wrong
    Her opinion: right

Tends to be how the situation unfolds.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    With most things, like paying for nights out or making breakfast, we take it in turns.

We're both pretty indecisive and often neither of us can make a decision, but eventually one of us gives in. Alternatively, we might suggest several things each (such as movies) and then pick whichever we both agree on.
    We're pretty indecisive too, just deciding what to watch on netflix can takes us a while at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    We're pretty indecisive too, just deciding what to watch on netflix can takes us a while at times.
    Story of our lives! He's big into action films and anime type things, neither of which are my scene. Recently I introduced him to chick flicks though, and he LOVES them (even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone but me!).

When it comes to things like arguments he's very hot headed whereas I'm calm and collected, so I've been encouraging him to sit and talk things through rather than shout. If he's really angry, I encourage him to leave until he's calmed down enough to talk levelly. I think it's working, but it's too soon to tell right now! Either way though, we love each other and we've been through some really tough times, so we know we can make it work.

(Original post by 098udf89dsf)

:whip:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Story of our lives! He's big into action films and anime type things, neither of which are my scene. Recently I introduced him to chick flicks though, and he LOVES them (even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone but me!).

When it comes to things like arguments he's very hot headed whereas I'm calm and collected, so I've been encouraging him to sit and talk things through rather than shout. If he's really angry, I encourage him to leave until he's calmed down enough to talk levelly. I think it's working, but it's too soon to tell right now! Either way though, we love each other and we've been through some really tough times, so we know we can make it work.
    My boyfriend will happily watch chick flicks with me but I m like you not big on action movies so barely ever agree to watch them.
    Sitting down and talking things through is always the best thing to do so good on you for encouraging that

ReputationRep:
    In mine it depends on the issue, I'll go with the flow on most things she wants but when I'm dead against it we always go with my say as I'm more sensible and she trusts me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Full six on six Pokemon battle.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Coin flip

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 098udf89dsf)

(Original post by Hydeman)
    :whip:
    :mmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.