Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i work full time in an uninteresting job and as im going to hit 27 this year ive decided to stop delaying my dream of a job in the aerospace industry.
    i cant afford to leave my job and due to my working times and location evening classes are not viable so im left with self teaching.
    it has been some time since i was in education and i have not studied a levels previously so the module structure is unfamiliar to me which is where im getting a bit lost, i feel confident in learning the subjects i just dont know which modules to begin with and which exam boards books to work with (can i mix and match or is it a good idea to stick with one only). im also unsure as to how i should approach physics as its my understanding that a significant portion of the grade is made with a practical unit and if im self teaching im not sure how to account for that,

any help on this would be much apreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry27)
    hi,

i work full time in an uninteresting job and as im going to hit 27 this year ive decided to stop delaying my dream of a job in the aerospace industry.
    i cant afford to leave my job and due to my working times and location evening classes are not viable so im left with self teaching.
    it has been some time since i was in education and i have not studied a levels previously so the module structure is unfamiliar to me which is where im getting a bit lost, i feel confident in learning the subjects i just dont know which modules to begin with and which exam boards books to work with (can i mix and match or is it a good idea to stick with one only). im also unsure as to how i should approach physics as its my understanding that a significant portion of the grade is made with a practical unit and if im self teaching im not sure how to account for that,

any help on this would be much apreciated
    What was your GCSE grade in Maths and Science, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    What was your GCSE grade in Maths and Science, please?
    i got an A and B for science double awrd though i got a U in maths

however i have a BTEC lvl 2 in maths which i got on a Access to science course when i was 19, i found the subjects easy (hence why im confident i can self teach) but i only got a PPP on that course because i was having to much fun living the student life.
    unfortunately PPP in physics chemistry and biology wont get you onto a physics course at any uni hence the going for a levels

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.