Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sociology Uni Student answering questions on A Level techniques watch

Announcements

I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at a russell group university, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicecac)
    I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at the University of Birmingham, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!
    how do manage to remember all of crime and theory and methods :|

(Original post by chickenfoot)
    how do manage to remember all of crime and theory and methods :|
    It is loads but it is 100% doable! I made mindmaps for each topic using the yellow textbook and a revision guide (this was blue and probably given to you?) and then during the actual revision process i went through each of them, reading and learning the mindmaps so i would know what everything meant and people said (just in the way in which if somebody asked me what Durkheim did in his suicide study i would be able to explain, not necessarily remember each thing on the mind map). I would then condense down these mindmaps onto revision cards where i would just write the key words i needed to remember so, using the Durkeim suicide example, i may write anomic, fatalistic, altruistic and egoistic. I learnt these cards which had all the key words for each topic so in the exam i knew what i needed to write about and then could also explain these in my own words. For example my card on suicide would have on it : >Durkheim- social facts, study on religion and suicide >moral regulation & social integration >4 types (examples of them and when prolific over time) etc etc.

hope that makes sense and helps!

ReputationRep:
    I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at the University of Birmingham, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!
    What year are you in? And who is your favourite post-modernist/feminist thinkers, and why?!?

ReputationRep:
    I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at a russell group university, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!
    I'd like to teach A level Sociology

Do you also hope to teach psychology? I've not got a psychology qualification and hope that this does not disadvantage me.

ReputationRep:
    What are your top tips for long answer questions; 33 marks, 21 mark and 18marks. I'm really confused about the break down of A01 vs A02 a and b. Just don't know what the examiner wants from me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.