Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I endure any bad side affects from doing this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have recently realised that I have really bad self - discipline when it comes to waking up for school. I used to have top notch attendance in the 98's. Now, I'm currently at A levels and my attendance is about 65%. The thing is my grades are top notch in all my subjects. However, I'm not good at waking up in the morning. I always make some stupid excuse.

I have figured this might help: I change my sleep pattern. So that I sleep from 18:00 - 01:00 and study from 01:00 - 6:00 then head to school.

Would doing this disturb my health in anyway, assuming that I adjust my eating habits accordingly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FamilyFirst)
    I have recently realised that I have really bad self - discipline when it comes to waking up for school. I used to have top notch attendance in the 98's. Now, I'm currently at A levels and my attendance is about 65%. The thing is my grades are top notch in all my subjects. However, I'm not good at waking up in the morning. I always make some stupid excuse.

I have figured this might help: I change my sleep pattern. So that I sleep from 18:00 - 01:00 and study from 01:00 - 6:00 then head to school.

Would doing this disturb my health in anyway, assuming that I adjust my eating habits accordingly?
    Been there, done that. **** circadian rhythms.

1. Getting up an hour or two before the bare minimum time you'd have to get up to make it to school, so you have time to wake up before you go.

2. Do more activities in the day, sports, use that energy!

3. Aim for around 8 hours sleep. Go to bed around 8:30 to 11:00 I'd say

ReputationRep:

Ughhh once you get into an established sleep pattern and have a way to stop potential sunlight in summer from bothering you when you are sleeping at 6pm, you should be fine.

But I imagine you will piss off your parents when you wake them up getting up at 1am to study and also when thye likely come home from work at 5pm and see you ready to go to sleep...

I do not recommend pissing off your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Ughhh once you get into an established sleep pattern and have a way to stop potential sunlight in summer from bothering you when you are sleeping at 6pm, you should be fine.

But I imagine you will piss off your parents when you wake them up getting up at 1am to study and also when thye likely come home from work at 5pm and see you ready to go to sleep...

I do not recommend pissing off your parents.
    My parents said they'd support me with whatever choice I decide to make, as long as I resolve this issue! :-)

Besides from that though, no bad health factors come to mind?

ReputationRep:
    My parents said they'd support me with whatever choice I decide to make, as long as I resolve this issue! :-)

Besides from that though, no bad health factors come to mind?
    So long as you can maintain it consistently you should be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.