The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
WildAmerican
The typical jew tactic of removing or covering up things you dont like will result in the revolution not being being televised.

I dont get it?
Mad_Monkey59
Jehovas Witnesses aren't a cult, they are a stream of 'extreme' christianity, just like catholiscism, fundamentalism... even dragging back to all of the types of Christianity through the civil war.

They have very little to do with Christianity. Any JW would tell you that. They deny most of the fundamental beliefs that are common to all Christian denominations, namely the divinity of Christ, salvation by Grace, the physical ressurection or the trinity. Is it fair to call them Christian if they deny it themselves? Is it fair to call them Christain if they dont believe what Christians believe?

Plenty folk believe there was a 1st century bloke called Jesus who talked allot about God. That doesnt make them all automaticaly Christian.
Yeah but Catholics worship Mary and not Jesus.
NDGAARONDI
Yeah but Catholics worship Mary and not Jesus.

Some Catholics worship many as a co-redeemer and others revere her as a holy person/saint, but the official line is that Jesus is still the number one dude. The priest I work beside told me.
Uncledougsie
Some Catholics worship many as a co-redeemer and others revere her as a holy person/saint, but the official line is that Jesus is still the number one dude. The priest I work beside told me.

Ah. Just I got the impression the focus was more on Mary than Jesus since this is what I have been told and my dad grew up as a catholic. Shouldn't God be the number one dude? :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
Ah. Just I got the impression the focus was more on Mary than Jesus since this is what I have been told and my dad grew up as a catholic. Shouldn't God be the number one dude? :biggrin:

A fundamental tennant of any Christian tradition is that Jesus actualy is God. Differing Churches have differing views on the finer points of theology, even within a denomination (the so-called charismatic movment is a great example), just like differing people have differing views. In some Catholic churches the focus is certainly more on Mary - Maltese Catholisism for instance - but Christ remains the theological lynchpin.
Reply 46
Everdawn
I dont get it?

Don't worry wild american thinks everything can be blamed on the jews. It's sad really, this is what you get when families intermarry.
Reply 47
sashh
Don't worry wild american thinks everything can be blamed on the jews. It's sad really, this is what you get when families intermarry.

Shame really isnt it.
Conversionalist sects such as JoHo's should be able to practice however they should not be allowed to knock on peoples doors while standing on peoples property trying to convert people to their crappy religion. Go away please.....
Reply 49
Re the thread title: why the apostrophe?
Reply 50
Trousers

cos im thick!
Trousers

Does it matter that much? As long as the spelling is clear and makes sense and means what is says eg there and not their who cares :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending