Turn on thread page Beta

Ex-Girlfriend Messaged Again After Period of Silence. watch

This is going to be very long-winded guys; sorry! I just want for it to be over and done with.

So, my ex messaged me again after over a month of silence. She broke up with me over two years ago, but continued to talk to me constantly. Unfortunately, since she was my first girlfriend, I got too attached and continued along in the relationship where she basically lead me on the entire time. I knew it was a toxic relationship but continued along like an idiot.

I asked her several times to stop talking to me because I didn't think we could be friends. She kept insisting and saying I should 'get over it' No clue why she wanted to be friends so badly. I foolishly thought it was because she wanted to resume our relationship, but was proven wrong on multiple occasions, once where she clearly admitted to using me as an attention source; 'but would never actually get back together with me'.

After that, I finally realized how pathetic I was and outright said one last time that I do not want to be friends anymore and for her to stop messaging me. That was just over a month ago and I thought it was over, but she messaged me again on Facebook last night. I did not reply, but would always reply before 'because I felt bad about ignoring her'. This time I really don't want to reply because I am certain that this will end very badly. She is a very toxic person.

Should I reply and say that I don't intend on talking anymore? Or should I completely ignore it and block her?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you're curious, the messaged was: "I miss u had a guy i ran into the other day and he looked identical to u". And just so you know, she's been in a relationship with a guy for several months now, and has always talked to me in this way; very inappropriately. Part of me honestly wants to expose her to her bf because she did this when we were together as well.

EDIT: ****. When copy-pasting the message in the spoiler, I realized I just 'read' the message on Facebook - she can now see it was read.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her boyfriend, no excuses, this woman is toxic and shouldn't be allowed to get away with everything so lightly. She'll regret the day she screwed with you.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    EDIT: ****. When copy-pasting the message in the spoiler, I realized I just 'read' the message on Facebook - she can now see it was read.
    Just ignore the message dude and stop thinking about it. She is causing you no happiness, so forget her and move on. Her motivations are selfish, drop her and move on.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing that will be more satisfying than you ignoring her and her knowing it. Just get on with life and try not to think about it, let her wallow in the fact that you do not care enough to respond.

Don't tell her boyfriend, he should be able to figure out for himself what kind of person she is. You don't want to get mixed up with other people's relationships because believe me when I tell you that it does not end well.

(Original post by kalclash)
    Just ignore the message dude and stop thinking about it. She is causing you no happiness, so forget her and move on. Her motivations are selfish, drop her and move on.
    Agreed. Thanks

(Original post by WBZ144)
    There is nothing that will be more satisfying than you ignoring her and her knowing it. Just get on with life and try not to think about it, let her wallow in the fact that you do not care enough to respond.

Don't tell her boyfriend, he should be able to figure out for himself what kind of person she is. You don't want to get mixed up with other people's relationships because believe me when I tell you that it does not end well.
    Very true, if I get mixed up she'll just bother me even more. Hopefully the guy realizes it soon. Thanks for the advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.