Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bernie sanders pulls of greatest primary upset in american election history Watch

ReputationRep:
    Bernie Sanders has won Michigan. ALL the polls had him on average at around 18-22-30 point deficit, i.e that he would lose by double digit votes he actually won in the end!

Sadly, Hillary Clinton's cunning strategy has allowed her to gain the overwhelming majority of black votes, and it was calculated if that black people voted at 70-30, or even 60-40 in favour of hillary, rather than the 80's and 90's we are seeing, Bernie Sanders would be beating her, or edging her. Sadly, not enough is being done to promote sander's superior civil rights record, and the fact his policies will help target inequality issues that effect black communities far more. Efforts are being made and he did gain 30-70 in favour of hillary, which is so skewed, but believe me, far better than previous results.

The media worte him off, some stated he has 1% chance of winning this. And the reason why this is significant is nobody in their wildest dreams expected a man who had the coorproate media against him, hillarie's superpacs, bias and corruptness, the establishment against him to win like this - and it truly was a win of the people, by the people, for the people. It should give him serious momentumn in the upcoming votes nearby.

ReputationRep:
    Bernie Sanders Wins Michigan Primary in Historic Upset:
    http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-wins-michigan/

Despite Hillary’s supporters in the media continuing to trumpet that Bernie Sanders is unelectable, Bernie has just won the Michigan primary, his most important prize yet.

The turnout was incredibly high, with multiple primary precincts running out of ballots, according to WZZM. This victory has proven Bernie’s prediction to the Associated Press true that “if there is a large turnout, we are going to win here in Michigan.” With 90 percent of precincts reporting, the New York Times is projecting Sanders to win Michigan by a 50-48 margin.

“I just want to thank the people of Michigan who repudiated the polls, who repudiated the pundits,” Sanders said in an impromptu 11 PM news conference. “The people’s revolution, the political revolution we’re talking about is strong in every part of the country.”

Additionally, CNN exit polls show more black voters trust Sanders to handle race relations than they trust Hillary Clinton. This means Sanders may be reversing his losing trend among black voters as the primary goes on.

Sanders’ victory is a huge political upset, given most pollsters having him down considerably to Hillary Clinton in the weeks and days leading up to the Michigan primary. RealClearPolitics polling averages had Clinton projected to win by anywhere from a 13-point margin to a 27-point margin. Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight.com projected Clinton as the winner with 99 percent probability:

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Seeing a lot of excitement and enthusiasm for Bernie in the US. Sadly, part of me thinks he won't win, which is unfortunate.

ReputationRep:
    Americans are voting for a senile old communist. Just shows how disliked Hillary Clinton is doesn't it?

Why isn't there a thread for Trumps victory? Trump took Michigan, Mississippi and Hawaii!

Can't stump the Trump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrumpWillWin)
    Americans are voting for a senile old communist. Just shows how disliked Hillary Clinton is doesn't it?

Why isn't there a thread for Trumps victory? Trump took Michigan, Mississippi and Hawaii!

Can't stump the Trump
    The only reason i like Trump is because he's tearing apart the republican establishment and running an absolute riot. He won't win the GE though.

Sanders is a communist, so let me go ahead and call Trump a Nazi (far more accurate than calling sanders a communist)

ReputationRep:
    I still believe Clinton will win the ''whole thing'' but this was an astonishing thing to wake up to this morning after what the polls had said

ReputationRep:
    Sanders vs. Trump will be an election to remember. It would be great to see a transition in both major parties because Congress has become a bit of a joke in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    Communist... Jewish...

= Name:  sovietjews.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  66.4 KB

You have been warned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I still believe Clinton will win the ''whole thing'' but this was an astonishing thing to wake up to this morning after what the polls had said
    If Clinton did not claim 80-90 percent of the black vote, Sanders would literally have wiped the floor with her by now. But as more black activists speak out, truly inspiring groups raising his message to the black people, and as we are moving away from southern states, the map is really going to open up pretty good for Sanders.

It won't be easy, but there is definitely a reasonable path to being nominated.

I truly do hope Hillary won't win, she flip-flops so much.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.