Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams?
    Yes
    31.12%
    No
    68.88%

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Probably not as I don't interfere in someone elses business. I suppose you could concoct some circumstances where you might consider it, but unlikely.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    nah worry about yourself first innit
    i'd probably post about it on yik yak though
    hahaha, Yik Yak was banned at our school because people were leaking resignation letters and making jokes about teachers on there, it was a brutally banterous app....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    So there was a thread the other day about someone who caught someone else cheating in their GCSE exams, asking for advice.

Some of the answers surprised me to say the least. What would you do?
    Now you've got to 10gems you're being really moist. What happened to the begging and rekking and tumblr abuse ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    So there was a thread the other day about someone who caught someone else cheating in their GCSE exams, asking for advice.

Some of the answers surprised me to say the least. What would you do?
    No, I'd mine my own business. It wouldn't affect me whether they get caught or not, so I just wouldn't care enough to report it.

ReputationRep:
    If it was a requirement of the institution/course, then yes, otherwise I'd leave it to their conscience/those charged with responsibility to check :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S. I'm such a nerd that historically I've always been so 'eyes-down', busy smashing my exam papers, that I could not have noticed any cheating

i wouldn't report someone of cheating as they haven't learned it as they as resorted to cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, none of my business. Would rather concentrate on my own exam.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Depends if i liked them or not

(Original post by Duke Glacia)
    i would blackmail em and earn cash
    Except blackmail is a crime... they could then blackmail you about your blackmailing

Btw, I would report someone who is cheating, if I could back it up with evidence. Why wouldn't you? Its unfair on everyone else if someone cheats and gets away with it.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point? First you will have to prove that they were cheating which is really difficult. Secondly, why would you worry about anyone else, just concentrate on your own exams. Personally, I would be pretty impressed if someone cheated and got away with it, shows they have a pair. Thirdly, why would anyone want to snitch?

ReputationRep:
    No. Doing so could ruin someone's life. However wrong cheating in an exam is, it's not for me to make that call.

ReputationRep:
    This actually Happened to me.

I saw people cheat in mocks but it was mocks so obviously noone really cares tbh about cheating cause you're only cheating yourself. However I heard about someone cheating in previous exams, and I had one with him later. Saw him cheating but I didn't say anything. Just had a feeling that if he did better than me and also pulled grade boundaries up, i'd be annoyed. People tried saying something In between his last exam and results day, but nothing happened I don't think. His word against yours I suppose. Also didn't think it was my business.... If the adjudicators did their job, there wouldn't be this problem.

ReputationRep:
    yes, I would. the exam boards encourage it, it's how it is.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends on how they're cheating and if it's distracting me. If they've written something on their arm, then I'd let that pass. Isn't hurting me and it's simply a reminder normally, you still know and understand the material. It's when I see them checking their phone when it affects me.

ReputationRep:
    all i see

is a bunch of snitches on this thread....pff suck it putos

ReputationRep:
    No. Quite frankly, I don't think it's any of my business and reporting them would require too much effort/ would be hard to prove they're cheating. Also, don't they have invigilators for this reason?

ReputationRep:
    None of my business, i'll be happy ive got something to gossip about

ReputationRep:
    Nope. If they can get away with it then fair play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it's for GCSE I'd be a little annoyed, but wouldn't report it. As for anything else, no, wouldn't care in the slightest if I saw someone cheating. It'd only bite them in the backside later on.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh you guys are so nonchalant, I'd rat their ass out faster than anything.
    Esp back in the days when it mattered to grade boundaries, but also just because seeing them get caught would be hilarious. I don't want to see someone merit from cheating.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.