Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams?
    Yes
    31.12%
    No
    68.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    I'm starting to think you and "Neverdie" are the same poster lol... Both of you seem to have forgotten about the actual issue of reporting cheating in exams. Your posts are quite revealing of the fact that instead, you prioritise saving face in front of everyone, and not appearing to "lose an argument".

I explained why I personally wouldn't feel the need to report it, but I never suggested that it's wrong to do so, or that you shouldn't do it. So there really would have been no shame on your part in just accepting the explanation, rather than going through all this. Nobody would have thought any less of you for it.

If you really think posting on this thread is about proving who's "butthurt" and who isn't, then I'm afraid really don't have time for it. You can "win" if you like, whilst I continue to sit my own exams and mind my own business.
    I've no reason to read this. Keyboard warrior confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I've no reason to read this.
    Then you've no reason to reply to it either.

ReputationRep:
    Then you've no reason to reply to it either.
    no reason to read this

ReputationRep:
    no reason to read this
    God, this is so immature. You really just want nothing more than to be the last person to post in this conversation?

Okay if it means that much to you, go ahead, reply to me again saying "no reason to read this" or whatever you like, and I won't reply. Congratulations on being so awesome and definitely not at all "butthurt".

ReputationRep:
    God, this is so immature. You really just want nothing more than to be the last person to post in this conversation?

Okay if it means that much to you, go ahead, reply to me again saying "no reason to read this" or whatever you like, and I won't reply. Congratulations on being so awesome and definitely not at all "butthurt".
    Didn't read.

See what I'm doing now is proving your desperation for the 'last word' by replying with nothing and getting responses, long responses even.

This is what internet arguers usually do once they feel they've 'lost' the 'argument' and when others don't back them up nor indulge in their little essay wars of attrition and e-shouting.

This exercise in self-esteem boosting has not worked out well for you...

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I would report it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    One of which is that a normal, honest student will notice the cheating and draw attention to it.

Cheating really can pay off in the short term though. Maybe they'll have a car crash life later on, maybe not, but either way they'll get the short term dishonest gain. I don't see why anyone would just allow that to happen tbh.
    People who find satisfaction in exrinsic things like getting a qualification or earning money are always going to be unhappy people.

Lying and cheating doesn't make your life better.

ReputationRep:

Didn't read.

See what I'm doing now is proving your desperation for the 'last word' by replying with nothing and getting responses, long responses even.

This is what internet arguers usually do once they feel they've 'lost' the 'argument' and when others don't back them up nor indulge in their little essay wars of attrition and e-shouting.

rekt

ReputationRep:
    I asked you to provide a quote of something previously said in the thread that explains why my argument is false. You claimed that I'm "lying", so show me how I am.

Nobody is going to read a post like the one I've just quoted and think "Oh, he's made a valid point about reporting cheating in exams". (Which is the purpose of this thread, not being "cool" or "awesome".)
    Who am I showing this to? The courtroom? :lol:

By mimicing my post, you're subconsciously telling me you think I was right, so you're now copying the approach in hopes it'll save you from what's looking a complete disaster of an argument and of saving face.

ReputationRep:
    wow....there are 544 snitches on this thread alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arniebob)
    so what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    wow....there are 544 snitches on this thread alone

Because we should all follow the moral compass of convicts, clearly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    People who find satisfaction in exrinsic things like getting a qualification or earning money are always going to be unhappy people.

Lying and cheating doesn't make your life better.
    You could apply this to anything. You could apply it to burglary, fraud, and paid mob hits. Bernie Madoff defrauded investors out of billions of dollars, but, oh well, he's probably not very happy anyway, so I think we should just let it slide.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do what's best for me and ask the guy for £100 (£1000 if it's A-Levels because cheating could literally ruin his chances of getting into uni) to pay me for not telling anyone lol

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read.

LOL, you are perhaps the most retarded and most immature person I've ever come across on studentroom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    LOL, you are perhaps the most retarded and most immature person I've ever come across on studentroom
    If I was immature and 'retarded', I would be taking part in an essay ranting battle with him, not going above it and having the intelligence and maturity to manipulate the ulterior motives of the arguer and kill the 'argument' dead.

ReputationRep:
    If I was immature and 'retarded', I would be taking part in an essay ranting battle with him, not going above it and having the intelligence and maturity to manipulate the ulterior motives of the arguer and kill the 'argument' dead.
    And you certainly did that by constantly writing "no reason to read this"You sure showed off your intelligence and maturity with that one.

ReputationRep:
    ofc not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    And you certainly did that by constantly writing "no reason to read this"You sure showed off your intelligence and maturity with that one.
    So to clarify, to not read an internet arguer's post and simultaneously show him the folly of internet arguments is LESS intelligent and mature than arguing an internet argument i.e. a needless and meaningless one.

And evidently you feel that's less intelligent and mature than trying to reignite said argument with a comment that reads 'LOL' and 'you are retarded'?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    i would blackmail em and earn cash
    We think alike my friend

I'd throw a lie in there and say there were other witnesses too who'll come forward .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.