Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams?
    Yes
    31.12%
    No
    68.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    We think alike my friend

I'd throw a lie in there and say there were other witnesses too who'll come forward .
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    So to clarify, to not read an internet arguer's post and simultaneously show him the folly of internet arguments is LESS intelligent and mature than arguing an internet argument i.e. a needless and meaningless one.

And evidently you feel that's less intelligent and mature than trying to reignite said argument with a comment that reads 'LOL' and 'you are retarded'?
    Are you sure you're not on the spectrum?

You type like a moron.

ReputationRep:
    But seriously guys, a situation like this is unique for every instance. You can't place an overall judgment on it. I have a derived question: Would you report your BEST friend?

Yes:
    - others work hard, they deserve a grade/might ruin someone's chance of getting a particular grade due to boundaries shifting
    - desperate much, kinda shows you're really scared (nothing wrong with a little tremble during the exam though)
    - get them disqualified now and you may just save their life and potentially teach them a lesson (or as someone used with engineering as an example, other people's lives could be saved)
    - doing this may just get you liked by invigilators, which may benefit you later on

No:
    - not your problem, let them mess up somewhere down the line
    - 'snitches get stitches' (BUT PLEASE STOP USING THIS PHRASE)
    - probably gonna get caught anyway, if you successfully 'cheat' in one exam (the parameters being you increased your grade and you remained undetected) then you'll probably do it again. No different to gambling IMO (wait, it is gambling!)
    - you really aren't gonna be liked upon by your school/college peers if they find out you reported them/someone

Apologies for my essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    Are you sure you're not on the spectrum?

You type like a moron.
    I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    I rest my case.

You didn't have on to begin with.

All your points were incredibly flawed.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't have on to begin with.

All your points were incredibly flawed.
    Hi tazarooni89

ReputationRep:
    Hi tazarooni89

Paranoia is one of the symptoms of Autism

ReputationRep:
    snitches get stitches ))

ps: just kidding, i still wouldnt though, they can fail in life if they want

ReputationRep:
    Paranoia is one of the symptoms of Autism
    post goes here

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would, because it's unfair on me and everyone else who is doing the exam honestly. GCSE grade boundaries are relative to how everyone does, so if everyone who cheated was brought to justice, you could end up with a better grade.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it will come back to them at some point.
    They're only cheating themselves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arniebob)
    no it isn't

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/auti...-schizophrenia

ReputationRep:
    You know what they say, snitches get stitches

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm not from the UK and not sure what exams UK students take but I know for sure I wouldn't run my mouth off bout it. I know I'm not perfect student myself and definitely cheated on quizzes for "difficult" classes. If the person gets caught, they get caught. I wouldn't feel better than someone else because they cheated and told the authority they cheated while I'm not a perfect student myself.

ReputationRep:
    lol id just allow it, pretend i didn't see bc its nothing todo with me, if I've come prepared for myself then thats all i should be worried about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentxoxo)
    lol id just allow it, pretend i didn't see bc its nothing todo with me, if I've come prepared for myself then thats all i should be worried about

IKR. It's not like they're asking you for the answers.

Only people who report cheaters are the people who were too stupid to get a high grade and are envious that people are a bit more resourceful than them in tight situations.

Chances are a person who got a good grade on an exam wouldn't give a damn if they saw another person cheating, as far as they got the grade that they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    snitches get stitches.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, "we are bandits not snitches"

Also the person that cheats is only cheating themselves anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameWasTaken12)
    snitches get stitches.
    Snitches get in stitches and end up in ditches!

The motto of my hood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Genius)
    Nah, "we are bandits not snitches"

Also the person that cheats is only cheating themselves anyway.
    Yeah I bet they feel so cheated when they end up with a better grade and didn't have to work for it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.