Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I went to a British high school outside of the U.K., but I'm looking at universities in the UK. Due to personal issues I stopped after year 11, but got all As and A*s on my IGCSE. I'll be 18 this summer and have been out of school for two years now, so doing A level won't be possible.
    I know there are some universities which accept students for the International Foundation Program as long as their IGCSE results are good, but does anyone know which unis do that?
    Preferably in London. Or if there is any other way I can enter uni without having to do A levels.

    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    You could still do A levels, being 18 isn't a problem. If you're still living abroad and you can't attend school, you could study A levels independently either on your own or with a distance learning provider. If you're living in the UK you could do A levels (or even an Access to HE course) at a local college.

    Doing a foundation year is a good option, but not all universities will accept someone who only left school 2 years ago. Email the universities you're interested in, explain your situation and see what they say. Avoid doing an international foundation year; these are very expensive and are targeted at people who don't speak English as a native language. Focus on degrees which include an integrated foundation year (e.g. BSc Chemistry with Foundation). Durham does a lot of foundation years in almost every subject.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.