Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have taken psychology, law and pe at A-Level standard and now I am considering taking psychology as my university degree and following on to the PGCE Primary... i don't know whether i will be accepted as it is not a compulsory KS1 OR KS2 subject?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Would i be best to try and move into a secondary school or would i have a good chance of becoming a primary school teacher?

ReputationRep:
    I work in a primary school and I've seen a few do the same pathway, i wouldn't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Debbie, how heavy is the work load you receive when working at a primary school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW26)
    Thanks Debbie, how heavy is the work load you receive when working at a primary school?
    There is a lot of paper work involved, more than there used to be. Planning lessons isn't great and I'm Head of PE so that's an added burden haha!

I would do some experience in a primary school if you have time- totally worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbie_KB)
    There is a lot of paper work involved, more than there used to be. Planning lessons isn't great and I'm Head of PE so that's an added burden haha!

I would do some experience in a primary school if you have time- totally worth it!
    I am trying to do this at the moment but haven't had much luck with any responses

ReputationRep:
    I'm a psychology graduate and 6 years after graduating in finally onto a salaried school direct course in the school im a TA at. Psychology has massively helped me be reflective and think about why children learn and behave in certain ways. I was told that one of the main reasons I was offered the course over other candidates was my ability to be reflective which is key when you're a teacher to keep reflecting on practice and thinking of new ways to help progress learning. You won't be at a disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    No, Psychology is a good choice. All of the theory you will learn in your A-Level will be an advantage into understanding how children learn/behave.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all of your help!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a psychology graduate starting a primary school direct course in september

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.