Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HI! I've a Degree in Primary teaching, and currently working in a nursery in Wimbledon, but I always though that if I find my real passion I should do as much as possible to make my dreams come true. I'm 28 years old and I firmly thinking that is never too late to become what you want to be.

I always felt passion about Photoshop and graphic design in general but just doing it as a hobby. Now, I want to go for the next step and altough I was doing some research in the last weeks I still feel quite confused about how to proceed, I'm not from United Kingdom so the system is still new for me.

I was checking around this course in University of Hertfordshire and it's looking good, but I cannot see if there's an option of doing it in learning distance (I cannot assist to university classes).

Another option is this, the programme is nice and it's very cheap indeed but it doesn't carry any academic credits...

If not, does anyone know any other course I can study in relation of this career? (the fundation course in University of Arts London is not an option cause it's 9.000 per year; I cannot afford that and I think there's no option to apply for a student loan for a fundation course)

All ideas and answers are apreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    • TSR Group Staff

TSR Group Staff
    Hi Have you looked in to junior graphic design positions, apprenticeships, volluntery (free) design work, If you can get together a really good portfolio of work that you have done/doing you might be able to skip the educational route and go straight in to employment x

Not really. I'm not really a professional and I need to improve my skills, that's why I was asking what's the best route to follow, but I can see that your advance is to teach myself in the best way and go for it. Thanks!
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.