Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI! I've a Degree in Primary teaching, and currently working in a nursery in Wimbledon, but I always though that if I find my real passion I should do as much as possible to make my dreams come true. I'm 28 years old and I firmly thinking that is never too late to become what you want to be.

I always felt passion about Photoshop and graphic design in general but just doing it as a hobby. Now, I want to go for the next step and altough I was doing some research in the last weeks I still feel quite confused about how to proceed, I'm not from United Kingdom so the system is still new for me.

I was checking around this course in University of Hertfordshire and it's looking good, but I cannot see if there's an option of doing it in learning distance (I cannot assist to university classes).

http://idesigni.co.uk/courses/art-de...ign-foundation

Another option is this, the programme is nice and it's very cheap indeed but it doesn't carry any academic credits...

http://www.londonartcollege.co.uk/ar...iploma-course/

If not, does anyone know any other course I can study in relation of this career? (the fundation course in University of Arts London is not an option cause it's 9.000 per year; I cannot afford that and I think there's no option to apply for a student loan for a fundation course)

All ideas and answers are apreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Hi Have you looked in to junior graphic design positions, apprenticeships, volluntery (free) design work, If you can get together a really good portfolio of work that you have done/doing you might be able to skip the educational route and go straight in to employment x

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I'm not really a professional and I need to improve my skills, that's why I was asking what's the best route to follow, but I can see that your advance is to teach myself in the best way and go for it. Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.