Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was inspired to apply to this Law firm because of its involvement in a case, but one of the lawyers working with this law firm was convicted of using fraudulent information, and the firm said they regretted getting involved.

Is it safe to mention this inspired me to join their firm because of the firm's MOTIVES in helping poor people?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a touched confused.

Is the firm's involvement in the case and the 'lawyer's' fraudulent behaviour linked? - in other words, did the 'lawyer's' fraudulent behaviour occur during the case?

What did the firm regret? Being involved in that particular case? Being involved in that type of case? Being involved in a case whereby fraudulent behaviour was discovered?

Regardless of the above, if the firm regularly works on 'helping the poor' then can't you use another case/example that didn't involve fraudulent activity?

ReputationRep:
    I would not refer by name to a matter which has toxic connections

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.