Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asking a girl out but we hardly talk watch

I met a girl at uni and we met briefly. She is a friend of a friend but we did hang out in a group for a while. We only talked then and we did get on quite well. I managed to get her number but I don't know why, I'm not much of a texting person.

Anyway I like this girl and I am thinking of asking her out soon. Problem is, she is not in my course so I hardly get to see her. But my friend is going to try and set us up so that we do bump into each other and that's when I'll make my move.

Would it just seem weird that I'm asking her out considering we've only met once and we don't really converse over text?

ReputationRep:
    You got on quite well anyway. For me there's nothing weird about that. I'd see this move as an avenue of getting to know her well. Good luck bro

bump
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'd get to know her a little more first before asking her out.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    I'd get to know her a little more first before asking her out.
    In what way? We spent several hours together and that's when we talked and got to know each other. We know basic things about each other, I don't know what else I should try to find out

I know it sounds like I'm rushing things but time is running out and I really have nothing to lose right now

ReputationRep:
    make sure you find out what societies she's at and join them. If she see's you have mutual interest then things can take another stage where you can definitely ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    Just be subtle, say 'this has been fun' and ask her if she wants to go for a coffee/dinner.

(Original post by Dnkz7)
    make sure you find out what societies she's at and join them. If she see's you have mutual interest then things can take another stage where you can definitely ask her out.
    Funny you say that because we are in the same society. That was how we met. But the society hardly ever meet up (this was actually the first time in over 3 months) so it's hard to meet her like that again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Funny you say that because we are in the same society. That was how we met. But the society hardly ever meet up (this was actually the first time in over 3 months) so it's hard to meet her like that again
    Do you live in nearby halls? If the hall decides to throw a party, turn up and try to talk to her. Maybe then you'd get the chance? Dont ask her out at the party - just let her know that you wanna go somewhere else to get a drink, like back at your place or some cafe or something... then you should ask her

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ stop being scared and just go up to her and ask her out. you literally have nothing to loose. if she accepts, job well done. if she rejects, tough luck brother - not the end of the world; there are three billion women on this planet! get over approach anxiety, it is counter intuitive to success with women!

(Original post by Dnkz7)
    Do you live in nearby halls? If the hall decides to throw a party, turn up and try to talk to her. Maybe then you'd get the chance? Dont ask her out at the party - just let her know that you wanna go somewhere else to get a drink, like back at your place or some cafe or something... then you should ask her
    No we both live at home. The sad thing is I don't think I'll see her again like yesterday. We are in completely different courses and I've only ever seen her once at uni

Will try the friend to set us up option but I don't want to push things too quickly as it might be weird

(Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    jesus christ stop being scared and just go up to her and ask her out. you literally have nothing to loose. if she accepts, job well done. if she rejects, tough luck brother - not the end of the world; there are three billion women on this planet! get over approach anxiety, it is counter intuitive to success with women!
    lol yeah. I am going to ask her out. But where is the issue as I've mentioned several times on this thread. Not exactly going to do it in a packed library am I lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No we both live at home. The sad thing is I don't think I'll see her again like yesterday. We are in completely different courses and I've only ever seen her once at uni

Will try the friend to set us up option but I don't want to push things too quickly as it might be weird
    The longer you wait the deeper into the friend zone you'll get. Go and tell her man, the idling will keep you asking questions to yourself at night 'what if?'

Nah get out there now mate when you see her again, girls love confident guys

ReputationRep:
    Why would you ask someone out you don't know? That's like S1 behaviour.. You obviously just like her for looks and not personality which is shallow in my opinion but whatever, you have nothing to lose.

(Original post by Dnkz7)
    The longer you wait the deeper into the friend zone you'll get. Go and tell her man, the idling will keep you asking questions to yourself at night 'what if?'

Nah get out there now mate when you see her again, girls love confident guys
    This is what I'm saying. I don't want to be friendzoned. This is why I want to make a move before it's too late. How can I move things along if I bump into her in the corridor? What should I say first and then how can I integrate asking her out into the conversation?

ReputationRep:
    Go for drinks/food get a conversation going then ask her out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

[QUOTE=SMEGGGY;63307903]Go for drinks/food get a conversation going then ask her out?

Do you think it's awkward if I do it at uni though? My problem is meeting her in the first place. As mentioned, I've only ever seen her once at uni. I've seen her more times through this society than I have at uni, so this speaks volumes about how often we interact.

oops, quoting fail

ReputationRep:
    are u both in 3rd year?

(Original post by SAhm95)
    are u both in 3rd year?
    yes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.