Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Year 8 students: Would this topic interest you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    COMPUTER ETHICS

Questions such as :

1. do we lose anything by letting computers or robots replace human activities?

2. in what areas of life is a genuinely human contribution valuable? why is it valuable?

3. could a robot that perfectly mimics human physiology and psychology replace a human in any scenario, without loss?

4. is there more to intelligence and creativity than the outputs they generate?

5. if there was a death at hands of a robot nurse (preventable or accidental), who is responsible? the robot, the manufacturers, the government, someone else? is there a moral policy vacuum? or are these old ethical questions?

Hints:

Think of genuinity in friendships and families, would that be an issue?
    Think of talents such as composing, would a robot that produces Mozart pieces on demand be less enjoyable? Knowing that your favourite book was written by a computer?

Do we see a shift in human nature? If we were already raised in this computerised world, would we hold the same beliefs?

What about the constants that we see in human nature, such as enjoyments for entertainment, music, feeling love?

I am writing a presentation for year 8s and I wish to know if you think these questions are interesting, too hard, too boring, too dumb, anything!!! Any feedback much appreciated as I am trying to preempt any issues.

Do you have any questions for me regarding this topic which I could answer - which I could include in my presentation?

Thank you very much in advance!!

There are year 8 students on TSR? :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.