Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm looking to apply to Harper Adams University for 2017 entry to Veterinary Physiotherapy. I'm from the North East of Scotland so its just over 500 miles away from home. I'm going to the open day on the 10th of July and staying the night at their uni experience. I'm wondering if anyone else is going, or looking to do vet physio anywhere else?

I'd also love to know what are your steps to getting there, the types of work experience you're getting or stuff like that.

I'm currently studying Biology, History, English, Chemistry and Maths at Higher, and am looking to do Advanced Higher Biology and History in S6. I already work at a stables and have work experience planned at a kennels and with a vet physio who specializes in dogs and was once Noel Fitzpatrick's vet physio.

Look forward to hearing from you guys,

Stormy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm also looking at Harper Adams either to do veterinary physiotherapy or bio veterinary science.
    I am also going to the open day on the 10th and staying on their experience overnight, although Harper Adams is only 30 mins from from my house. So I'll probably see you there! Writtle also looks good for veterinary physiotherapy! I have taken biology, chemistry, psychology and maths as a levels! I've done a weeks work experience in a kennels, and have booked work experience in a veterinary practice and a veterinary hospital, I'm also currently looking for some work experience in a stables.
    Alice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicepennington)
    Hi,
    I'm also looking at Harper Adams either to do veterinary physiotherapy or bio veterinary science.
    I am also going to the open day on the 10th and staying on their experience overnight, although Harper Adams is only 30 mins from from my house. So I'll probably see you there! Writtle also looks good for veterinary physiotherapy! I have taken biology, chemistry, psychology and maths as a levels! I've done a weeks work experience in a kennels, and have booked work experience in a veterinary practice and a veterinary hospital, I'm also currently looking for some work experience in a stables.
    Alice

Hi Alice,

That's awesome, I will have to keep a look out for you. I did a week in the local vets last year, but sadly it doesn't count now as it is out of date. The schoo, have decided that if my timetable allows I'm allowed to do extra work with the vet Physio during the week so it looks like it'll be really good, I just hop my time table allows for it.

You live 30 minutes away? How lucky for you, my nearest uni is an hour on a good day. Can I ask what it's like down there? I guess it's totally different to Scotland.

Ellie

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.