Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I was wondering if you would be able to assist, I am looking to study a BSc course with OU and am looking into the Student Finance option.

    I am currently studying part time for a Diploma of Higher Education in Railway Operations Management which is due to end soon and I am interested in studying for a degree in physics.

    I currently have a student loan to cover the cost of the DipHE which was studied part time, would I be able to obtain a 2nd loan for the costs towards a BSc?

    I have read on the NUS,
    'If you are studying a higher level than the qualification already gained they will be eligible to receive funding up to a maximum of 16 years for a part-time course.'
    But I have also read on the NUS,
    'England from Student Finance England and you started your end-on course on or after 1 September 2012, both courses must be either full-time or part-time, and you must begin the end-on course no later than five months after completing your previous course, but not necessarily at the same university or college. You can only get a tuition fee loan for one year of your end-on course.'

    I'm just wondering if you would be able to clarify or if you are aware of the best place to get more information, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Gcrane1992

    If you are studying a higher level through the OU, you will be able to apply for a tuition fee loan to help pay the costs of the course.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.