Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was wondering if you would be able to assist, I am looking to study a BSc course with OU and am looking into the Student Finance option.

I am currently studying part time for a Diploma of Higher Education in Railway Operations Management which is due to end soon and I am interested in studying for a degree in physics.

I currently have a student loan to cover the cost of the DipHE which was studied part time, would I be able to obtain a 2nd loan for the costs towards a BSc?

I have read on the NUS,
    'If you are studying a higher level than the qualification already gained they will be eligible to receive funding up to a maximum of 16 years for a part-time course.'
    But I have also read on the NUS,
    'England from Student Finance England and you started your end-on course on or after 1 September 2012, both courses must be either full-time or part-time, and you must begin the end-on course no later than five months after completing your previous course, but not necessarily at the same university or college. You can only get a tuition fee loan for one year of your end-on course.'

I'm just wondering if you would be able to clarify or if you are aware of the best place to get more information, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Gcrane1992

If you are studying a higher level through the OU, you will be able to apply for a tuition fee loan to help pay the costs of the course.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.